Chapter Eight

Song for Chapter 8

Brave by Sara Bareilles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I'm completely honest with myself, I spent most of the weekend feeling upset. My friends and I spent the night together one night, which took my mind of it, but only for a little. I didn't know what I had done to deserve all this. Garrett had changed a lot since I had met him. He had talked to me on Friday, but he had been a jerk, and could be classified now as a cheater. Liam was most of the reason for my sadness though. When I had met him, I saw potently for a good friend. I didn't think or do what he thought I did. Everything I said to him since day one was real, and it hurt to know that Liam didn't believe that.

Today was going to be an awful day, I could tell as soon as I woke up. If I thought that the weekend was bad, I was sure that today would be at least ten times worse. It was impossible for me to smile as I stepped out of my moms car, and onto the sidewalk. My mom had noticed that something was up, but I just told her that it was boy troubles. Surprisingly, she let it go. I tossed my bag over my shoulder, and began walking up to the door of the school. All I had to do was stay away from Liam. And hopefully, he would stay away from me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I realized at the beginning of third period that I had been right about today being worse then the weekend. All through class, Liam and I would sometimes catch glances. It wasn't like before though. It wasn't the glance, smile, look away type anymore. All he would do was look at me, shoot me a glare, and look away. I had come to the conclusion that now, Liam had made an enemy out of me.

As I put my fourth period books into the locker, and got out my science ones, I heard my name being called down the hall. I saw Garrett walking to me with a smile on his lips. I quickly looked away, and back into my locker. I tried to hurry to get my books out. After what happened on Friday, I had been hoping to not have to talk to him for awhile. "Hey." Garrett said, standing by my locker. I shut the door, and looked at him. "Hi." I replied, my heart beat picking up a little due to my nervousness. "So, I wanted to ask you something." He said, looking down at me, his smile fading a little. My heart stopped at his words, and I clutched the books in my hands tightly to try and calm myself down a little. "Okay. Sure. What is it?" I asked him, looking up at him. "Well, I'm not doing so good in our history class. Since your one of the smartest students in the class, I was wondering if maybe tomorrow you wanted to meet at the library, and we could have a study session." He said, smiling again.

I hadn't hung out with Garrett in a few months, so I found it a little weird that he wanted me to come over to study. "Okay. Sure." I said, before I even had time to process what I was saying. "Okay. Great. You can drive over with me after school, and we can take you home when we're done. Thanks." He said, giving me a wink, before walking away. I let out a small groan after he did. I had no idea why I had said yes.

After a few seconds, I turned around to walk down the hall. As soon as I did, I saw Liam standing down the hall, glaring at Garrett as he walked past. After Garrett had walked away, Liam's eyes shot to me, anger filled in them. I suddenly saw Scott run over, and lead him off somewhere. This had gotten way out of hand. Not only was he doing this in class now, but during class changes as well. I didn't know how to handle all this. Ever since Thursday, it had seemed I was losing my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~