Chapter Nineteen

Song for Chapter 19

Intro by The XX

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All weekend my mind was on Liam. It seemed like ever since we first met, all we had was constant bickering. I was tired of it. All he did was argue and try to start fights with people. I hated it, and I was done with it. He had tried to hurt me this time. I knew that he didn't have that much control over it, with his I.E.D. and being a werewolf, but I was almost scared of him now. I didn't want to be around someone who hurt me. Therefor, I was going to try to keep my distance from him.

Another thing that I had my mind on this weekend was Garrett. I was terrified that he had found out that I had told them somehow, and I was afraid he was going to come after me. I should've known that he was up to something the first time he started to hang around Violet. I souldn't have ignored the obvious signs that something negative was going on with him, but I was almost oblivious to it at the time.

I walked into my third period class, taking a seat by one of my friends. I hadn't seen Garrett all day, which was a huge relief. Of course, I kind of guessed he wouldn't come. He had the police looking for him everywhere. A school would be an obvious place to find him. I kind of wondered where he was right now. I was a little worried. I knew I shouldn't be, but I was. Like I had told Liam, feelings for someone don't go away easily.

As class started, I glanced around the room at everyone. Someone was missing it seemed. My eyes stopped on the empty desk beside me, and my eyes widened. The empty desk next to me was Liam's. My heart began to beat a little quicker as I thought about this. Was he in danger? Garrett had said Liam was part of the plan, and I had warned him, but had Garrett gotten to him?

My eyes traveled to the clock on top of the whiteboard, and saw that only about five minutes of class had passed. I had to find Scott soon. Even though Liam had been mad at me, and even though I wanted to distance myself from him, that didn't mean that I wasn't worried about him. As soon as this class was over, I had to find Scott.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as class ended, I stood up quickly, and practically jogged out the door. I could feel my heart beat pick up, pounding so hard that I could hear it in my ears. My palms began to get sticky as I thought about all the things that Garrett could've done to him. I tried to get my mind off of all the possibilities by looking at people that past me. I just had to focus on finding Scott. I always passed him when I came from French, so I had to be passing him soon.

About a minute after I left French, I saw Scott walking the opposite way down the hall. Slight relief washed over me as I realized that I might get an answer as to where Liam was. As I passed Scott, he grabbed my arm, pulling me towards the wall. He had a nervous expression on his face, which told me that he most likely didn't know where Liam was either.

"Destiny, do you know where Liam is?" As soon as he asked this, my heart dropped. If he didn't know where he was, then no one did. I shook my head, my breathing picking up. "No. I was hoping that you would." I told him, which caused his brown eyes to widen slightly. "Do you think its Garrett?" He whispered so no one could hear. I shrugged my shoulders lightly. "I really hope not." I told him, bitting my lip after I spoke, a nervous habit of mine. Scott nodded. "Destiny, go ahead and get to class. I'm going to try to contact him. If I get to him, I'll let you know." He told me. I gave him a nod before speaking. "Okay Thank you Scott." I told him, my voice shaking. He wrapped me in a hug, probably due to how nervous I was.

"Everything's going to be okay." He told me into my ear. I shook my head, my eyes watering. "No its not. Liam might die, and I might get hurt as well. I don't want him to die. The last thing we did before he went missing was fight." I told him into his shirt. Scott pulled away, and unwrapped his arms from me. He reached into his back pocket, which confused me. I looked at his hands as he brought it around, and saw a folded up note in his hand. I looked up at him, confused. "Liam wanted me to give this to you. He wrote it yesterday when I was bringing you home." He told me, as I took the note. I nodded, and looked up at him. "Thank you." I told him softly. Scott nodded, giving me another hug. "Its okay Destiny. You just go to class. I'll find him. And don't worry. I'm not going to let anything happen to you." He told me. I nodded, and pulled away. He gave me a smile, but I couldn't find the strength to return it as I walked away.

My pace was fast as I walked down the hall. I glanced up at the clock, and saw that I had four minutes before class began. I decided that I had time to go to the bathroom and read the note. I walked into the bathroom quickly, walking into a stall so no one could read over my shoulder. I set my bag down on the floor, and folded open the note. My eyes scanned the crumpled paper, beginning to read it.

Dear Destiny,

I remember you told me that you had a journal where you right your feelings down, so I decided to do the same thing. Except, I hope you read this. So, this is how I'm feeling; regretful, angry, upset, sad, hatred towards myself. I promised myself that I would never hurt you, and that's exactly what I did. I was right. I did end up breaking you. You were to innocent and fragile to be around someone like me. All I do is end up hurting, and that's what I did to you. You don't know how horrible I feel about this whole situation, and you probably never will. I don't really expect you to read this. I just want you to know that I love you and I care about you Destiny. I'm sorry that I ruin everything, and I don't expect you to forgive me. I've hurt you so much, so I'll give you distance. I love you Destiny.

-Liam

When I finished reading, I noticed that tears had been falling down my cheeks. He loved me? I'm sure it was in the friend way, but still. I didn't think that he cared about me that much. I didn't know what to do at this point. He had hurt me, but he lost so many people, and didn't seem like he really had anyone.

I walked out of the stall, not seeing many people in the bathroom anymore. I let out a sigh, walking to the mirror. The girl next to me had her phone out, and I glanced over. I saw that I had two minutes before class. I quickly got water on my fingers, whipping away the mascara that was on my cheeks. My phone vibrating in my pocket caused me to jump a little. I pulled it out, and saw the name Liam on the screen. I wasted no time in sliding my finger across, and putting my phone up to my ear. "Liam." I said into the phone, shocked. A deep chuckle on the other end made me confused. "Hello Destiny." A deep voice said.

My eyes widened as I realized that it was Garrett. "Garrett..." I said in a quiet tone. If Garrett had his phone, Liam was in trouble. "Where's Liam?" I asked, in a harsh time. "Don't worry. He's fine. Well, he will be if you come talk to me after school." He told me. My heart stopped in my chest. He must of known that I had told Scott and Liam. "Why?" I asked through the phone, walking out of the bathroom. "We need to talk." He told me.

If I went to talk to him, I could get hurt. If I didn't, though, who knows what would happen to Liam. "Where?" I asked him. "Meet me behind the lacrosse field ten minutes after school lets out if you want to see Liam again." He told me. "Fine. I'll be there." I told him. "Good. I'll be waiting." He said, and I could practically hear the smirk in his voice. I hung up after he said that, not saying bye. As I walked into the lunch room, all I could think about was Liam, and what could possibly be happening to him at the moment.