Chapter Sixteen

Começar do início

"Wow." was all I could say.

"Yay! We surprised her!" Chelsea cheered before proceeding to do a little victory dance.

"What are you all doing here?" I asked.

Annie walked up to me and placed her hand on my shoulder. "You didn't think we'd desert you, did you?"

"As much as we wanted to," I heard Nina mutter which earned a punch from Sophia. "What?!" Nina turned to Soph and threw her arms in the air.

She simply shrugged in return. "It's your sister's birthday and you're being disrespectful."

I heard Nina mutter something else I didn't quite catch, but I'm sure it was something spiteful.

"So happy birthday," Josh fake-cheered to break the tension.

"Haha… barcasm," Layna laughed, attempting to say 'sarcasm'.

Josh sent a glare at his little sister, "I wasn't being sarcastic."

"I wasn't being barcastic," Layna mocked him.

"Stop!" He said sternly.

"Stop!" She copied.

"Don't do that."

"Don't do that."

"Ok! Presents!" Luke interrupted the bickering siblings.

Poppy's ears perked up at this. "Mine first! Mine first!" she cheered, running to get a present from the corner.

"Wow." I mumbled. She wasn't lying when she said there was a lot of presents.

"Open it!" Poppy demanded, throwing me in a couch chair. Geez… for an eight-year-old, that girl was strong.

I unwrapped the present and was met with a tiny box. Opening this, I saw a bouncy ball. I chuckled at Poppy's classic present.

"I bought it myself!" She said proudly. I couldn't help but smile at the adorable girl as I raised my hand to ruffle her hair.

"I love it." I said which caused her to beam.

"MINE NEXT!" Josh screamed just like Poppy had.

Ah, Josh. I always knew you were an eight-year old girl at heart.

So the rest of the present proceeded this way.

Josh got me a trophy saying, 'World's Greatest Friend'.

Luke got me vouchers that when I looked were free passes for him to do my homework. I had to laugh at this; after all the years of doing his, he had finally paid me back.

Annie got me best friend necklaces, which of course got Chelsea and Sophia to argue about me being their best friend.

Chelsea got me a video tape that she said had some of the funniest moments that have happened to us. Mostly that included her clumsiness.

Sophia got me a stunning pair of diamond earrings that surprisingly matched the necklace Annie got me.

Nina got me a cute little blue dress; it was only casual, nothing to fancy.

Sam got me a voucher for the ice-cream place near our house and a note saying that he has to come there too.

Layna got me a packet of cookies (her favourite food I might add.)

Charlie got me a skate board which I thought was weird at first but then he reminded me that when I was twelve, I had said I wanted to learn how to skate (which I later did, but he didn’t know that).