#11 (old)

"Come on Princess, time for bed, " Claude told Amelia as he picked her up after chasing her around from playing tag. "No daddy, I don't want to go to sleep, " she complained. "You got to sleep because if you don't sleep you won't have any energy to play tag tomorrow, so if you actually go to sleep, I'll play more tag with you tomorrow, " Claude told her. "Okay, " Amelia muttered as she laid her tired head on father's shoulder. "Now, let's get you tucked in for bed, " Claude said as he carried her off to her room to lay her to sleep.

I wiped down the table to clean it from food that had escaped our plates during dinner, picking up all the dirty plates that needed to be cleaned. As I stood at the sink, I turned on the faucet and I started to clean the dirty plates. I could suddenly feel arms wrapped around my waist. "Hello lovely, " Claude mumbled as he rested his chin on my shoulder. "Hello Claude, " I smirked. "Can I help you with the dishes?" He asked. "Of course; you can help by drying the dishes and putting them away, " I said as I handed him a freshly washed plate. In no time, all the dishes were washed and put away.

"You know since Amelia is finally asleep, I was thinking that we could have some nice time to ourselves with a little twist, " Claude beamed as he held a bottle of red wine and two glasses in his hand. "I'm not drinking tonight, Claude, " I stated. "Oh come on, one or two glasses wouldn't hurt, besides it's your favorite, " Claude said with a smirk on his face. "Okay, but I'm only going to have one glass and that's it, " I tell him as the smirk on his face grew into a full smile for he was able to convince me.

As he opened the bottle and poured wine into our glasses, we made our way to the couch. It wasn't to soon after that 'one' glass of wine turned out to be more. As I laid my head on Claude's chest, his hand running through my hair, I could remember such a similar time like this that had once occurred. "Claude, remember that one night when dancing night at the bar was canceled, so you decided to pull out a bottle of wine for us to enjoy. Then before we knew it, we were dancing away to one of those jazz records of yours?" I asked him?
"How could I ever forget that night? It was simply one of the best nights of my life, actually, I take that back. The best night if my life was the night that I met you, "He chimed. " Really?" I inquired. "It was, and it. "You met me at a very strange time in my life. It was supposed to have been a night of getting as much money as we could with little ways of getting caught, and you got mixed in with it. When your boss 'bout pulled a gun on me, you took my gun, aimed straight at him and shot him dead, and when the boys and I were making our escape you tagged along so that you also wouldn't have to face the cops. Even when the boys were suggesting to get rid of you to save us some trouble, you were able to make a deal to save yourself. Since that night, you never left my life, and I'm honestly thankful that you stayed in my life cause then I wouldn't be where I am now. Today, I'm married to the most beautiful woman ever and she has given me a wonderful, amazing, beautiful daughter, " Claude said to me as he kissed my forehead. "I love you so very much, " Claude said as he smiled softly at me. "And I love you too, " I smirked as I kissed him passionately.