#6 (old)

It's been days, and we still had no idea where she was, and I was starting to lose hope. "Okay, does anyone at least have a clue as to wherever Emma could be?" I ask as I stare down the boys, but the only response I got was silence.

Out of frustration, I kicked over the seat next to me. "You all had one job. One. Simple. Job. You were to watch over Emma and protect her while I served my time in jail, and look what the happened! If you had down your job correctly, we wouldn't be in this mess, now would we?" I yelled as I punched the table. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, I look over to see Micheal. "Look, Claude, I understand that you're mad and frustrated, and how you just want to find Emma but you're starting to get out of hand a bit. I suggest that we take a little break from the search, especially you, so I would like to suggest that we go to the bar, that way you can get your nerves to calm down. So, what'd you think?" Micheal questions me. "Okay but I'm only having one drink, and after tonight there will be no more breaks until Emma is found, " I say. "Well, you heard the boss, to the bar," Micheal says. We split up into Micheal and Junior's cars, then we left for the bar. Raymond, Roy, Edmund, and me in Micheal's car, Vinnie in Raymond's car.

As Raymond, Roy, and Edmund sat in the backseat, arguing over God knows what, I just stared out the window, think. I never do that, usually, I would join into their argument or make fun of how ridiculous it is, or I would just have my own fun. Regardless, I never sat there and thought about stuff, or even be as quiet as I was being. It didn't take long till we reached the bar. I stepped out of the car, looking at the building in front of me, this was the last place I really got to see Emma, that was ten-years-ago. "Hey, you okay?" Micheal asked me as he planted a hand on my shoulder. "I'm fine, Micheal," I tell him, taking his hand off my shoulder.

As we walked inside, the smell of alcohol hit me, the building filled with drunkards. The boys didn't waste any time and quickly made their way to the bar; next thing you know they're drinking like there's no tomorrow, but Micheal was hesitant to drink his shot of Tequila. He sat down next to me and he ordered me a drink. "Look, Claude, I know you said you're fine but I know you aren't. You're not fine, and I know not being able to find Emma isn't the complete reason why," Micheal says as the bartender gives him the drink as he then passes it to me, "And I know that the only way you're gonna spill anything is with a little help, so drink up." Micheal tells me. As I glared down at the small glass in my hand, I downed the beverage.

After a little more help, I was at a point to where I was on the verge of being drunk. "How do you feel Claude?" Michael asks me. "I don't know, I would say I'm upset but at the same time the alcohol is making me have this good feeling," I say. "Not the answer I was looking for, but that's why I have another question for you and answer honestly. When we were in the car, what were you thinking about?" Micheal asks me. I just sat there, silently, not even moving an inch.

"What were you thinking about, Claude?" Micheal asks me once more. "Emma, " I mumbled. "What was that?" Michael questioned. "Emma! I was thinking about Emma and what could've happened to her while I was gone. Like you know her father had forced her to move back in with him once he ended up getting me sent to jail, what if she gotten married off to someone. Or, what if she found someone else, someone that could provide for her, someone who isn't afraid to admit their feelings to her, or tell people 'hey, this woman is mine', someone who has the guts to tell her they love her." I say.

"Well, Claude, I'm gonna tell you something I haven't told anyone, not even the boys. About seven to five years ago, I got a letter in the mail. I think you should read it." Micheal says as he pulled an envelope out of the pocket of his jacket. Once I had the letter in my hands, the smell of alcohol was replaced by a familiar scent, Emma's perfume. I quickly opened the letter, in it was a was a piece of paper and a little note that read 'give to Claude'. I unfold the paper and I began to read.

Dear Claude,

It's been a long time, hasn't it? Lord knows that I long to see your face, with your deep brown eyes and that oh so familiar beard that covers your chin. My father has been planning to have me married off to some man next spring, but I refuse to do such a thing when I know that I truly belong to one person, and that would be you, Claude. I have created a plan to run away, what happens after that only God can tell, but I know that one day I'll be reunited with you. Before I dare end this letter, I just want you to know that I most certainly love you to my very core, and I can't wait to see you again with that devilish smile you're always seen with.

Sincerely, Emma

At the bottom of the page, Emma left a lipstick print on it. "This seems too poetic to be written by Emma," I say inspecting the letter. "Yet, how many people know my address, only the gang knows, " Micheal says. "True, only we know of each other's address', " I say to him. "Then again, who in their damn mind is gonna compliment that beard of yours because so many people, including me, found that beard to be the worst thing you've ever thought of. For many years, I've wished you shave that thing off." Micheal says to me as I sternly glare at him. "But hey, for Emma to write this, to you, I wouldn't lose hope. Now, how about we gather up the rest of the boys and head home for the night?" Micheal asks me. "I guess so; let's go," I say to Micheal as he gathers up the boys as we leave the bar.

Once we were outside, we made our way to the cars. "Hey, Sylvester! Don't you think you're forgetting about someone?" I hear someone yell. I turn around and I couldn't believe what I saw. "Emma?" I question. "What, you look like you've seen a ghost or something, " Emma says as she smiles at me. As I wrap my arms around her to give her a hug, I lifted her up and spun her around, which caused her to giggle in surprise. Once I put her down I kissed her intensely. "Love, disgusting." I could hear Raymond say, so I politely gave him 'the finger'.

"I've missed you, and I love you," I mumble under my breath as I cover her face with little kisses as she laughs. "Claude, stop, " She says as she continues to laugh. "Never, " I say as I then pick her up, my arms supporting her back and under her legs. "Okay, boys, I think it's about that we go home," I say as I got into the passenger seat of Micheal's car, Emma taking the opportunity to sit on my lap. "Great, now I'm gonna have with these lovebirds during the drive back," Raymond says as he sighs. Once we were all in the cars, we left the bar.