9- "my love"

Her eyes moved to me as soon as I shut the door.

"I didn't want to see her-" "I know, I didn't exactly like the fact that she was here either" I breathed out.

"Ashton gave you his shirt?" I grinned, touching the fabric.

"Yeah- he said there's no reason I have to stay in one of the hospital gown things anymore" she spoke, and I nodded in agreement.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, touching her flushed cheeks, feeling a little heat.

"I'm fine" she spoke out quietly, her eyes moving to the door as it was pushed open.

"Hey lovebug" Ashton spoke out, pushing the door behind him.

"Hi" she spoke out quietly.

"How about we take a walk?"

At first- she was more than excited, she had an expression I had yet to see out of her- and i loved it.

But the more we walked- and the more Ashton pushed her to walk, I saw that slipping away.

She never complained- but the two of us could see that she was in some pain.

A patient stopped Ashton, making us all stop- I held Payton around her waist, holding some of her weight for her.

Her eyes were locked to the floor- making me
rub her side gently.

"My hip hurts" she spoke out.

She had to have been sore- no telling all of the details she left out.

"Both sides?" I questioned.

She gave me a firm nod, making me gently pull her to put more of her weight onto me.

Once Ashton was ready- we continued to walk, and she became more and more miserable.

We walked past Michael's office- and he almost immediately stopped us.

"Are we eating out tonight?" He questioned, making me snort out a laugh.

"Sure Mike- we still have an hour to decide-" "who's this?" Michael asked, not being able to focus on one topic for even a minute.

"This is our angel, Payton" Payton sent him a small grin as he spoke.

"She looks uncomfortable" he pointed out the obvious.

"She's in a bit a pain" Ashton spoke, touching her chin to make her look up to him.

"Come on- let's get you back in bed"

She made it to her room, Michael now joining us.

I helped her cover up and get comfortable.

Luke soon also entered with a small grin.

"Hello Payton" he smiled, earning a smile back.

"How are you holding up?"

Everyone looked at her- and she was silent.

"Payton" I spoke slowly- and as if planned, she completely broke.

She covered her face- the cries going into her hands.

"My love" I exhaled, sitting beside her, throwing my arm over her shoulder.

This was the moment I had been waiting on.

Her breaking moment.

"Talk to me, Payton" Luke spoke, pulling her hands away from her face and holding them gently.

She tried to avoid eye contact at all expense.

Her head hit my shoulder as tears continually slipped down her cheeks.

"Everything just sucks" she cried out.

She has all four of our attentions.

"I have no family, I feel like shit, it hurts to fucking walk down the hall- why couldn't it have just been me." She sobbed out.

Ashton slipped a small amount of relaxer into her IV, we all felt a panic attack coming.

"Why couldn't what have been you, baby?" Luke questioned.

"Why'd my fucking parents have to die- why couldn't it have been me"

"No, don't say that Payton" he spoke, wiping her tears for her

"Your parents would never be able to forgive themselves if you would've died and they would've lived, they would've never been the same." He spoke, holding her face gently.

"That happened for a reason- and it hurts like hell, I know sunshine, but your parents wouldn't want you to ever wish death upon yourself, would they?"

She shook her head no.

"Your parents love you- even to this day, I promise you that. You're not alone, because they're with you every single day, every single hour, and that's a promise."  

She moved into Luke's offered hug, letting him hold her into him tightly.

I wanted to give this girl a life where she could be happy.

But was that at all possible?