Found You (Pt 1)

"FUCK!" Joker screamed, throwing his phone at the wall. Another fucking dead end.

He put his head in his hands, running them through his hair as he searched his mind for any other unexplored avenue. They'd pretty much exhausted all of their leads in the first year of looking for Madeline.

After the raid and his subsequent breakout, she'd been taken completely off the grid. The police reports concerning her only said that she had been confiscated from him, and none of the cops he'd tortured seemed to know where she was either. He'd even taken Jim Gordon himself and demanded answers, but all he would yield is that he left her in the care of Batman. And of course he was less than cooperative with Joker's demand to reveal her location. The self righteous fucker made it clear he'd sooner die than tell him anything.

Over the past ten years he'd looked high and low for her, searching through all of Gotham and surrounding cities for her in various families and orphanages. He'd had people scouring all kinds of records looking for signs of her, to no avail.

That was my last good idea, J lamented.

"Boss," Johnny Frost called as he opened the door. "Batman and his new sidekick just took out our guys in the warehouse by the docks."

"Motherfucker," he cursed, slamming his fist on the desk. "The Bat and his little bird are getting on my last nerve. Ever since that kid started working with him they've just been spoiling my fun instead of taking risks like he used to. He's probably playing it safe for the kid."

Lightbulb.

"God I'm such a fucking idiot," he muttered. "Call all the guys back. I don't care what they're doing. I know how we're getting Madeline."

"Boss?" Johnny asked in confusion.

"Isn't Bruce Wayne having a party soon?" J mumbled. Honestly, when is he not?

"Yes, sir. Why?" Johnny confirmed.

"We're gonna crash it, and when Batsy and Birdbrain show up, we're gonna take the kid. He'll never be able to let us maim or torture his little Robin if he can help it," Joker smirked. "We're finally gonna get our girl back."

<><><>

"Bruce, can I please come to this one, please? I'll stick with you and Dick the whole time, I promise!" Madeline begged. "Please? I never get to talk to anyone but you guys and Alfred."

"It's too dangerous," Bruce protested. "Joker crashes my parties sometimes to get reactions from Batman. What if he saw you there?"

"He hasn't crashed one of your parties in forever! And even if he saw me, there's no way he'd recognize me," she sighed. "It's been ten years, he's probably stopped looking by now."

"I doubt that," Bruce denied. "Dick and I just stopped some of his guys looking through records last night."

"Why does he even care? Like you said, I was just a tool to him, a toy," Maddie rolled her eyes.

"He's very possessive, and persistent," he replied. "He likely won't give up until he has you."

"Regardless, I can protect myself if he somehow recognizes me, and if I can't, you or Dick can," Maddie said.

"I don't know," Bruce murmured.

"Come on, Bruce! You never let me do anything! I'll be careful," she pleaded.