Unpredictable ~ Chapter 25.

Start from the beginning

"Is that all?" I eyed him dubiously,

"Well obviously rescue the hostages, but our job is to also keep the vampires here busy, the Shibuya main unit is preparing, we need to create enough time for them to reach Shinjuku; but with that in mind our main priority is for no one to die."

"Kureto's getting serious, huh?" Shinya muttered,

"So this is a decoy mission then?" Mito asked,

"Exactly." Guren answered, "The noble extermination missions are just phase one."

"Yoichi." Shinya gestured for Yoichi to come up, Yoichi came forward as he summoned his weapon,

Shinya also summoned his rifle, placing it on top of the ledge, hunching over and looked through the scope, "Oh, this doesn't look good at all." Shinya shook his head, "You said Crowley Eusford was here?"

"Yes; therefore my final decision will be made from this- we'll snipe from here to see how the progenitors react."

"In that case, Yoichi you take the fifth floor I'll have the fourth floor."

"Yes, sir." Green rings appeared around Yoichi's eye as he focused on the sight before him,

"We'll be on guard." Narumi announced as him and his group summoned their weapons,

"Us too." Shinoa's squad followed.

I was about to approach the ledge to help search for the nobles when Yoichi suddenly exclaimed, "I've spotted the vampire noble on the fifth floor. I just need the green light to shoot."

"You have it." Guren replied, and at that moment Yoichi fired sending a black bird, surrounded by green flames hurtling at top speed towards the fifth floor.

The loud explosion attracted the attention of the vampires below, there was a moment before Yoichi turned around looking disheartened, "Target missed."

"Even nobles have trouble dodging that, this guy did it with ease. I can see why the elite teams were wiped out." Shinya turned to address Guren,

"Yuu, it's the guy we fought before Shinjuku." Yoichi turned to Yuu,

"Really? He's ridiculously strong!" Yuu snatched the telescope from Guren, Guren seemed to be too deep in thought to react let alone scold him, "What are we going to do then? This guy is impossible to beat."

"Considering the objective, wouldn't the better option be to retreat?" I crossed my arms scrunching my eyebrows,

Yuu immediately kicked up a fuss, "No, we're going to save them, right Guren. We don't leave family behind; surely we can do something!"

"We have two options," Shinya began, "We can shoot all the hostages and run so they don't leak any intel during torture-"

"WHAT? NO! How cou-" Yuichiro began marching up to Shinya, Shinoa grabbed him,

"Yuu, calm down." She turned to Shinya, "What's the second option?"

"We separate the enemies and save the hostages. The one that'll have the most survivors goes without saying."