"I didnt think it was possible..."

Authors note
Lmao I just wanted to say I'm so so sorry if these are mainly angst.

Elliot was stood with Malcolm and some friends from the fancy dress party, drinking and laughing while having gossip when Danny burst in, clearly furious.

Elliot looked over to his friends who took the message and silently left. It was quiet and the air was tense.

Danny broke the silence by kicking the cabinet near his favourite chair, hard. Elliot flinched slightly, never seeing Danny so angry.

He put his glass of alcohol down and walked into the living room where Danny was stood.

"What happened?" Elliot asked wrapping his arms around Danny.

He pulled away "I'm not in the mood. I bumped into my parents on my way back"

Elliot nodded understanding the problem. Parents were a tricky subject. Elliot has never been very close to his family. His father had been very strict on gender roles and Elliot did as he wanted. And as Elliot grew up he became more and more rebellious until he finally moved out and avoided them.
Danny was close to his parents. He used to be. His father used to adore Danny and would always have his back. His mother was sweet and kind and a good housewife. His sister was annoying and uninterested in most men.

But when Danny got caught with Elliot by his sister, his parents refused to listen to his excuses and even tried to get him to a doctor. Danny started arguing with his father until he finally gave up and avoided his family.

"What did they say?" Elliot silently asked

"The usual. That I'm sick and that I'm twisted and that I need help. That you've influenced me and that I'm a wacko!" He rambled furiously

Danny cried, furious, warm salty tears from frustration. Elliot sighed and offered him a hug.

Danny continued to sob and ask why it was so unfair.

Elliot gently ran his hand through Danny's dark locks "I know it isn't fair Danny. I know. But just think that we are lucky as well. We could've been the kind of lovers who get attacked daily. We could've ended up with abusive parents. There is always someone worse off."

Danny stopped sobbing but stayed in the hug, silently listening to Elliot soothing tone.

"When I used to do that gay routine I guess it's cause I kind of knew the whole time. A part of me knew. And then when you wanted to pretend to be a couple to get out of the army, my heart stopped beating."

Elliot sighed "we are lucky that being gay isn't as much of a crime as it used to be. And when I realised I liked guys I was scared that I'd get arrested or hurt or something. And when we met again" he smiled and laughed slightly "I didn't think it was possible to love someone as much as I love you"

Danny pulled away to look into Elliot's eyes and smile.

"Thank you for cheering me up Elliot"

"Don't thank me"

"I love you"

"I love you too. Now why don't I pour you a drink and we go have a good time?" Elliot grinned mischievously

Danny rolled his eyes "go one then"

Authors note

Hmm I know that Elliot's parents aren't mentioned much in the movie but I didn't know how else to go about this so—
Enjoyyyy