Chapter 5: Neccesarius's priest, Stiyl Magnus

Touma's POV

When i get back to my dorm, i notice cleaning robot in front of my door and when i saw Index on the ground, i though she was sleeping first but to my horror i saw that she was injured on her back, as i wanted to know who was responsable for this, a man in a church clothes appear behind me and claim that they are magicians.

???: huh ? by the way, we are magicians.

Touma: "gasp"

???: hmm.... looks like we went a bit too far.

Touma: why ? why did she come back here ?

???: no idea, maybe she has forget something here, she have a cap yesterday, i wonder where she have lost it.

Touma "thinking": she came back here for the mana that remain in her cap.

I was thinking of what Index told me yesterday and about the words she said to me before leaving.

Index: will you follow me into the depth of hell ?

Touma "thinking": just to prevent me, a perfect stranger from being involved in the fight, she left alone to face the danger and then come back here.

Damn it why it has to be like this ?

Touma: imbecile.

???: stop, fixing me like that won't bring you anything, I'm not the one who hurt her, I do not think Kanzaki was planning to bleed her either, that church clothes, "Walking Church" provide a absolute protection, but for unknown reasons it isn't working anymore.

Touma: why ? i don't believe in those story of magic and that i can't understand peoples like you, the magicians, still well you too have values like justice and evil right ? chasing a fragile girl in the crowd, making her bleed, with all that happen how can you consider yourself as a good guy ?

???: if you have finished your speech, I would like you to go, i have to retrieve them.

Touma: re-retrieve ?

???: yes, what i want to retrieve is the 103 000 grimoires that girl currently hold to be exact, oh and be careful, if someone from your level tried to read one of those books, it will suffer significant damage.

Touma: don't screw with me, what exactly are those things and where are they ?

???: They are here inside that girl's brain, she can remember everything she saw, she has the power to re-memorized eternally every formule word by word.

That girl has read and memorize all forbidden grimoires and proscribed from the world and is like a magical library,

This girl herself don't have to ability to use magic, she is inoffensive for us.

Touma: Really ?

???: however those 103 000 grimoires are in the contrary very dangerous, that's why we came to preserve that girl, before peoples who can use magic get their hands on it.

Touma: pre-served ?

???: yes, that's it, preserved, preserved, and no matter all the good faith and good behavior of this girl, it seems she can't resist either the drugs or the torture.

To thing a girl like her can be in the hands of peoples like you, it hurt my heart, right ?

Touma: asshole, who do you think you are ?

Stiyl: Stiyl Magnus, this is my name, but for the moment i'am Fortis931 which mean "the strong" in your language.

Well no matter the language, this is my Magic Name, never heard of it ?