My father held my face in between his hands and shook his head. He started fixing the strands of hair off my face.

"Shh, Iris. What do you have to apologize for? It was all my fault. If only I hadn't made that deal, you wouldn't have been caught up in it. I'm the one who's supposed to be sorry, honey. I just... I just missed you so much." he said, his own tears wetting his face.

"I missed you too, Dad. And this house. I missed everything here." I admitted. He looked behind me and smiled sadly.

"I made the maids put a chocolate there everyday just in case you came back and came looking for one." My heart melted and broke.

"Oh, dad. You know I'll always come back here. I couldn't leave here. This is where I belong, this is my home."

"I know, I know. It's just... you were gone for so long and I was feeling very lonely living in such a big house."

I hugged him again and apologized another time. After that, we talked about what we've been up to these past five years.

I told him how I've been working as a marketing operations manager and that I lived in a condo just one or two hours away from here. I chose to keep the triplets hidden from him for a while since I wanted to surprise him.

As for my father, he still managed some of the little businesses that was left and that he was getting by... without my mother.

"I miss her so much, but seeing you now. You have grown to look much more like her and I'm happy for that." my dad reminisced.

I smiled sadly. My mother died 5 years ago, right when we lost all of our business franchises. The stress was too much for her heart and one heart attack was all it took for her to be away from us.

I cried nonstop. My mother was my strength, I told her everything and she always imparted to me her wisdom. When she was gone, I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to face my problems alone. I was so used to having her there and when she wasn't, I chose to run away from everything.

"I miss her too Dad. But life is life. We have to go on, she would've said that same thing."

"You're right, sweetie." he looks at me, teary-eyed. "I'm so proud of who you've become."

That shattered my heart. Was I someone to be proud of? It's my fault that we lost all our business, it's my fault that mom died.

"So what about Liam, Iris?"

As if on cue, my phone started ringing. It was Liam. I looked up to my father, as if asking for permission to answer it. He gently smiled and I stood up and made sure that my father was out of earshot before answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Iris, where are you?" Liam's voice spoke through. I could tell he didn't sound too happy.

"Uh, just out to do some errands, why?"

"Where? I'll pick you up—"

"No, no. I'll be fine."

"I'll pick you up." it was final. I sighed frustrated. What was up with him? He can't control me like this!

"And I'm saying no, Liam. I'll get home by myself. Now, if you don't mind, I'm in the middle of something very important." I said and hang up before he could say something else.

My heart pounded against my chest, but I ignored it. At least, I tried to.

I made my way back to my father.

"Dad, I'm so sorry, but I have to leave now. I'll explain everything when I come back."

——-

Hi everyoneee!!

I know, I know, I am so terribly sorry that I haven't updated in a LONG time. After school finished, I got caught up in many responsibilities and Christmas.

But I'll update once more by the end of today.

Stay tuned.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄 🎉💕 to all of you!!! Hope you all enjoyed this precious holiday

And MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄 🎉💕 to all of you!!! Hope you all enjoyed this precious holiday. The night Christ was born. 💕

So stay tuned, AGAIN. And see y'all very soon.

-sky💕