Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Iris Williams

Haley helped me get to the sofa and guided me to sit down. We just arrived in her house after hours of staying in the store. They didn't find him, no, they didn't find my Jace. The police said that they'll contact me when they get some news and sent me home to rest. Remembering all that happened, I couldn't help but cry again. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have taken my eyes off of them. I shouldn't have let him too far from me. If not, he would still be here. By my side, playing with his brothers.

I cupped my face with both of my hands trying to wipe away the tears, but they kept falling down. I felt the sofa beside me sinking and Haleys arms embraced me. It was supposed to calm me down, but it made me cry harder. Haley said nothing, as if she understood what I was feeling at the moment.

"Shh, we will find him, don't worry." she said, but even I could hear that she was worried herself. Soon, I felt Jamie's and Jacob's arm around me also and that's when I let go of Haley to hug my two other kids. They didn't cry, I know they wanted to cry but they haven't cried a single tear since Jace disappeared. I understood that it was because they wanted to appear brave for me, they were worried for me. I hugged them tight till Jacob complained that he couldn't breathe.

Miraculously, the tears stopped and I wiped my face with the back of my hands. I tried to smile at them. They were being so brave for me, how come I can't do the same for them?

"I'm so sorry." I whispered to the two of them and kissed them. I remembered that I had to be strong for not only Jace, but also Jamie and Jacob. I need to protect them even more now while searching for Jace. "Don't worry... mommy will find Jace. I will definitely find him... even if, even if I have to ask his help." I whispered to them and hugged them once again. They both looked up to me with curious looks.

"Who mommy?" Jamie asked grabbing a lock of my golden hair and patting it. I tried to smile to show a sign of hope, but I'm not sure what kind of face I did.

"You'll see, baby boy." I whispered and pulled the two of them in a protective hug.

-———-———-———-———-

I started with a hot bath to freshen myself up and tried not to think about anything. I wanted to think that Jace was just playing downstairs with Jacob and Jamie. I didn't want to think about where I'm headed to. I wanted to forget everything for just a short period of time, but as soon as I turned the handle off and shut the running water, everything came back to me.

Jace is still not here and the only solution I can think of is to go to him. Surely, he'll help me... right?

I chose a simple white shirt, a knee-length maroon skirt and a black cardigan. A casual yet formal style for meeting one of the country's biggest businessmen. I left my wavy golden hair untied and only put the minimal makeup to cover the dark circles that were hovering under my eyes. I didn't want to look like a mess in front of him, no, I'd hate that.

The door opened to Jacob's weary face and when he laid eyes on me, he immediately eased and ran to me for a hug. He was dressed in a blue polo shirt and and black jeans. Jamie soon entered the room, dressed the same as he tugged my skirt.

"Where are you going mommy? Are you going to see Jace?" he asked. Hearing Jace's name was enough to tear me up, I missed him terribly and I could see that the two felt the same. I looked up, taking a deep breath to prevent the tears from falling.