christmas eve

Today was the 24th of December, Christmas Eve.

I sat on the couch while Izzie rested her head on my lap so she was staring up at the ceiling. The TV displayed Rudolph, which she often told me was her favorite Christmas movie of all time. 

Izzie smiled tilting her head so that she was facing me from where her head was rested on my thighs.

The doorbell suddenly rang, causing Izzie to sit up as I tried to get up as gently as possible because before the ring of the doorbell she looked like she was about to fall asleep. Who else could be at the door at 11 AM on Christmas Eve other than my relatives. Every last one of them. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my family but I'm not sure how many of them are old fashioned enough to be borderline homophobes.

When I opened the door, they all hugged me and I was turned so I was facing Izzie who was smiling awkwardly at me as she walked over to introduce herself. Luckily, it seems like they immediately knew she wasn't a relative. 

"Oh who's this?" My grandma asked as she and my other family released me from the tight hug.

"This is Izzie-" I said motion her forward to introduce herself. 

"Hi, I'm Izzie. I'm Casey's gir-" She quickly stopped herself but I rushed to reassure her that I was fine with my family knowing that we were together and not just as friends. 

"She's my girlfriend. Izzie is my girlfriend." I said stepping towards her, facing my family with a smile while reaching for her hand.

For a second, Izzie squeezed my hand very tightly, like she was worried I had told them. She was worried about how they'd react. Luckily, she didn't need to be. 

"Oh, we know dear. Your mother told us. We're all happy for you." My grandma said, hugging me again but this time it was just her so she was able to whisper in my ear, "She's very beautiful, Casey."

Of course. My grandma is one of the bluntest people I know. She keeps a fine line of being blunt over the line of being slightly rude. That's why I love her. 

It was a bit awkward but much better than being surrounded by homophobic family. 

As my mom, dad, and Sam walked into the living room to help everyone get settled in, this gave Izzie and I an excuse, well her an excuse to pull me upstairs, and into my room. 

When Izzie shut the door, I let myself fall back and lean on it. Izzie came closer, leaving barely an inch between our bodies. A millimetre between our lips. My breathing faltered as Izzie leaned in and placed a quick, but sweet peck on my lips in place of the passionate kiss I was expecting (and hoping for). She stepped back as I mumbled, "Hey, come kiss me again pretty girl," I said smiling, causing her to smile too, more than before. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," She said trying to hold back a laugh.

--A/N--

HEY

sorry this chapter was a short crappy tease that *might* have something to do with the fact that my entire family was here and i also wanted to get a christmas chapter out for you guys. i'll probably wrap up what was supposed to happen in this chapter i just had to release it now otherwise it wouldnt be christmassy if it already isnt now since its the 27th but HEY I TRIED! 

also i appreciate all the love lately, <3

i have an atypical fan acc on insta if you wanna follow that: atypiicals 

OKAY LOVE YOU ALL, NEXT CHAPTER SOON! <3 <3