dinner together

It only took half and hour to prepare because Izzie had gotten rotisserie chicken (it was already cooked) so I just had to bake it for 10 minutes to warm it up. 

Once I got the chicken from the oven, Izzie popped out of our room in pajama shorts and a white t-shirt. 

"Need any help?" She smiled sweetly.

"No, you can relax. But first, c'mere," I said. She walked over to me smirking.

I set down the plate of chicken to put my arms around her to kiss her.

"I love you, so much." I said quietly, hugging her after we kissed.

"You're being so cute and affectionate today. You sure you don't want help with anything?" She questioned.

"Yeah! I'm sure. Trust me, I've got everything planned out." I said as I smiled at her.

"Actually, can you do me a favor?" She looked over at me as if to ask, 'whats up?' without even talking.

"Could you stay in our room for a few minutes? I have to set something up, and you can't see it yet."

"Ooh! I love surprises!" She sang happily as she rushed into our room and shut the door so she wouldn't be temped to peak.

As soon as the door shut, I got to work. I opened the balcony door and prepared everything. I made sure it was perfect before I knocked on the bedroom door. She immediately ripped it open, with a huge smile on her face. 

"Okay! What is it?!" 

She asked excitedly. She's always told me she loves surprises, so I always throw her a surprise party on her birthday. It's usually just us, but sometimes we have others over. I'm surprised she still even gets surprised at them since I've been throwing them for at least 3 years.

I opened the curtains, revealing the candle lit table with a paper rose I had made when I was young. Izzie's eyes lit up as I slid the door open, and gestured her to step out, smiling. 

"Holy shit, Casey!" She looked back at me and said as I stood in the doorway, giggling at her adorable reaction.

She ran back up to me, her eyes squinting as she smiled so brightly at me, her smile fading to a smirk as she pulled my face closer to her and passionately kissed me. 

We ate dinner, we talked. We talked a lot, actually. More than usual. To put this into perspective, we started eating dinner around 8:30PM. We didn't actually get up and realize how long we'd been out there until 1:30AM. Five hours. When we walked inside with our plates, Izzie gazed over to the oven which displayed the time. 

"Oh my god." She said laughing, as she reacted to it. 

"Ugh, I'm so tired." I said pretending to fall over. 

"Okay, fine. But your so cute I have to do something first."

She took my hand and ran into our room.

"Okay," I laughed as she shut the door.

I sat down on the end of the bed, and she sat next to me. For a minute, we just sat there, silently, staring at each other, smiling. Her face was flushed a light pink, and I'm sure mine was too because my cheeks felt like they were burning. 

"Newton! Your blushing!" She teased me, laughing, and caressing my cheek. She always teased me when I blushed.

"Aww you look so cute right now, oh my god!" She teased me more.

"Okay, sure," I said as I tilted my head to rest it on her shoulder. "Hey, guess what?" I said, now teasing her. 

She didn't respond, she just tilted her pink face like a puppy that was confused about something.

"I love you," I said blandly staring at the wall in front of the end of our bed, before sitting back up and turning to her.

"I love you too." She said as she kissed me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Holy crap I am so sorry this part took so long to get out. I may have been grounded for a few days, but as of now I am back! Also, thank you so so much for over 5000 views! 

UPDATE:

Though this chapter took place in the girls second year of college, the next chapter will be taking place back in their sophomore year of high school after they started dating, where a previous chapter(8) ended. 

Thanks again for reading, and look forward to the next chapter! <3