Tears & Grey eyes

As soon as Ruki had led her to the room, Mia had felt her throat burn due to hunger and had known she would need to feed soon.

"I need a moment," Mia murmured before walking past the lavender walls to the washroom, leaving behind the vampire.

Mia locked the washroom door, very much aware of the presence of Ruki outside in the guest room. Finally, with a moment to herself the demon leaned against the ceramic washbasin and let out a shuddering breath.

Looking up she caught her red eyes in the mirror, to her surprise they welled up with tears and the salt water trailed down her cheeks as her heart seemed to close down in pain.

Mia remembered when she was still young, one day she had accidently eaten the soul of a little demon boy that served her and she had cried for hours after that.

That was the last time she remembered crying.

The demon wiped her face and took several deep breaths to regain her cool; her eyes darkened resembling the colour of blood as Mia took a decision immediately.

'I will play your little game, Karl, but as soon as I find out what you're hiding from me, you'll die.'

"Do you need anything?" Ruki's voice called from outside and as Mia's feet walked to the white wooden door her mind strengthened in resolution.

The door clicked open, Ruki looked up, his blue-grey eyes trailed to Mia's cheeks, and he seemed to realize she was crying.

"This place is not as worse as you might assume," He said sharply.

Mia pursued her lips, "We'll see."

That seemed to be enough for Ruki to adopt his calm tone again, "Since it's almost noon, I want to inform you that we would like for you to have lunch with us, no matter if you eat or not."

"I'll be bored in this house otherwise, be sure of me pestering you from now," Mia said, trying not to dwell on her imprisonment in this house with four vampires.

Ruki nodded, "As long as you do not annoy me, I see no problem."

"Other than that, we were going to join a night school but Karlheinz-sama has refused now," Ruki paused as if pondering why, "I think it's best if we allot days to each of my brothers and me to have your company to ourselves, it'll create less conflicts." The vampire sighed to himself, no wonder thinking about the drama his brothers' jealousy and possessiveness would lead to .

Mia hummed as she ran the idea in her mind for a second.

"Sounds good," Mia nodded "Say Ruki, how about we start with you, since today's Monday anyways?"

Ruki blinked, "You want to spend your first day with me?"

"Yes."

The dark-haired man looked almost doubtful, "Not with Kou? He will throw a tantrum, you know."

Mia looked at him in decided silence and Ruki nodded slowly, "Of course, come to my room after lunch if you want to see me."

Then he was gone.

Mia looked at bags full of her clothes in the corner of the room and pulled out some slacks and a blouse. After changing, the demon lay down on her bed and closed her eyes.

Mia fidgeted as if looking for warmth enveloping her and frowned, 'Why is my heart aching?'

'What have you done, Karlheinz?'