White Rose

The day was over and Mia had not attended a single class. Reiji had surprisingly let it go for today, warning her to not do it again. She had a suspicion that it mainly had to do with the time they spent in the library.

"Fufu, Reiji, you are giving Mia special treatment, that isn't fair~" Laito purred.

"She had a proper excuse and this is the last time." Reiji didn't look up from his book.

"Whatever you say~" Laito smirked. After catching Mia's eyes he grinned as she sent him a small smile. He could feel his cold heart feel warmth as her words ran through his mind again.

I'll show you the true meaning of love, Laito.

Ayato glanced at the demon and then looked away, out the window.

"Elder-sister, I want you to wear something I made for you." Kanato paused and nodded. "I agree, Teddy. Sister, Teddy says that we will not take no for an answer."

"Thank you, Kana-chan, but, what is the dress for?" Mia asked, her brows furrowed.

It was Reiji who answered, "We have our monthly dinner party tonight." He smirked at Mia, "I'm sure that you'll enjoy the formal affair."

"Just like Ms. Elizabeth did at her dinner affair." Mia raised a brow.

"No, it'll be quite better than that." Reiji chuckled and Mia couldn't hold in her laughter, oblivious to the glares Reiji was getting.

Shu frowned and pulled Mia into his side, resting his arm around the waist. It was only then that Mia sensed the tense atmosphere in the car as the glares shifted from Reiji to Shu's arm.

Shu leaned against her and whispered in her ear, "If my hand burns up due to such harsh glares, then I'll hold you responsible."

Mia laughed, "Don't worry." She breathed against his ear. "I'll protect you~" She could smell the comforting scent of Shu.

Shu smirked before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep again, his grip around her not loosening.

Laito chuckled, "Elder brother Shu is the most cunning among us, asking Mia to protect him~" His green eyes, however, were narrowed and dark.

"Well, Sister-" Kanato spat. "What's your answer?"

"Of course, I'd love to wear it Kana-chan. Thank you for the effort." Mia smiled at the lavender-haired vampire sitting beside her, who immediately brightened up.

Ayato glanced at her again, this time tracing his eyes over her face for a few moments before he started tormenting Yui.

"Mi-Mia." Yui began, leaning away from Ayato. "Could you-um-lend me a dress, if you, you know, have one as well, please?"

Kanato growled at her, "How dare you ask to wear something of my sister!?"

"Kanato, calm yourself." Reiji reprimanded, opening the door.

They had reached home.

How strange. Mia mused. Calling this place as home, when I've not had one for the past two decades.

"It's okay Kana-chan. Let me look for something for you Yui, okay?" Mia asked.

"Y-yes!" Yui smiled. Kanato glared at her and the girl squeaked before exiting the car and running after Ayato who had been surprisingly silent for most of the ride.

_____________________________________________________________________

Mia sighed as she wrapped the red towel around herself. The dress was lovely and Mia was very much impressed by Kanato's talent and resolved to treat him to chocolate as thanks.

The reason for her worry was her contact-holder, Dante Leif.

As bold as she might behave with him, the truth remained that if he gave her an order then she had to follow it. He had warned her to not fall for any of the brothers, but, she was not one to ignore her instincts or feelings.

Mia was very much aware that she cared for all the brothers and was attracted to them with the exception of Kanato. She knew that she had started harboring the start of romantic feelings for many.

The problem was that Dante had to have known about this, she was just worried about why he was waiting.

What are you planning Leif?

Mia opened the door and stepped outside.

She sensed the presence before she heard the gasp that followed. Mia's grip on the cloth covering her body tightened and she could feel her ears get warm.

Subaru was still staring at her with wide red eyes and flaming cheeks. His eyes traced the water droplets cascading down her neck, the black strands stuck to her face and the towel clinging to her body; highlighting her sensual figure.

A cough drew him out of his not so innocent thoughts and Subaru looked into narrowed red eyes, very much like his own.

"I know I'm attractive Su-ba-ru~" Mia grinned, her fangs at display. "But, didn't anyone teach you it's not good manners to enter a woman's room without consent?" The rising sun illuminated the room through the uncovered window and the duo grimaced due to the sunlight, not fond of it.

"I-i thought you were descent!" Subaru glared at the door, his cheeks still flushed. "Tch, I just came to tell you that Reiji called us both to his study."

"I wonder what he wants?" Mia closed the curtain and then opened her wooden closet, taking out her undergarments.

"W-what the hell are you doing?!" Subaru sputtered, trying to not take another glance at the black lace lingerie.

"Hm?" Mia raised a brow in amusement. "I was planning to change."

Subaru glared at the demon in bewilderment, "But I'm still standing here!"

"You're the one staring at me in my room." Mia shrugged. "If you've told me what you wanted to, then leave."

"I'm not taking orders from you, you-you harlot!"

Mia smirked, "Okay." She slowly adjusted her towel, deliberately making it seem like she was removing it.

"WAIT! YOU CAN'T!" Subaru growled, flustered. "Hurry, I'll just wait outside." He teleported away.

"How adorable~" Mia grinned.

________________________________________________________________________