Demon in the school

It was safe to say that Yui was trembling after that, inching as far away from Mia, who sat next to her, as she could.

"So, Little Flirt is a vampire?" Ayato asked Reiji.

Mia cut in before Reiji could reply, "I can answer for myself, darling. If you're curious about me then ask me."

Ayato sneered, "Yours truly demands to know what you are?"

"Demon." Mia grinned, relishing the squeak that left Yui's mouth.

'I'll have to confront her later and somehow convince her that I mean no harm.'

"Why did you agree to this?"

"What?" Mia was surprised.

"Why did you agree to being our bride, you hardly look like you were forced to be." The question had surprisingly come from Shu.

Kanato leaned forward, curious to hear the answer.

'Yeah, no-sorry. I'm not seducing him. So, I'll just have to make sure that he doesn't fall for Yui either.'

"I was chosen by Karlheinz himself." Mia chose to not comment on the frowns that graced the faces of the brothers after hearing their father's name. "He-" She continued cautiously, "-was curious and I'm sure, planning something big. One cannot really refuse an order from the Vampire King, so, I packed up my stuff and here I am."

Reiji adjusted his glasses, no wonder thinking what this big plan might be.

At that moment shrill voices filled the car, they sounded like screams...very feminine screams. The brothers looked like they were used to it but annoyed nonetheless.

"By Baal's name, is there a massacre going on?" Mia exclaimed, wincing ever so slightly from the noise.

"Fufu~ Ne, that's a little mean, they are just our lovely fans." Laito chuckled.

The limo stopped and as the door opened Mia could see what Laito was talking about. At least 50 girls were standing near the gates, squealing and shouting the brother's names.

Mia sighed, cursing her life. "I'm going to kill you when I get back Dante."

________________________

Back at the Leif residence, Dante Leif sneezed. "Oh my~" The green haired man rubbed on the underside of his nose. "Am I catching a cold?"

__________________________

Yui left the car and Mia could sense the hate aimed at the petite girl. "Let's go." Reiji stood up and stepped out of the limo, waiting for her to exit as well.

Mia sighed and stepped out. Immediately silence filled the area and Mia could feel the glares prickling at her skin. Hushed whispers and cruel mutters filled the ground. Mia could hear it all.

She's so pretty.

Why is she with our Sakamaki's?

Another girl, I hope she's a scaredy cat like the blonde.

What a slut.

Mia had to refrain from glaring at the girl who uttered the last statement.

Reiji grabbed a hold of her arm and steered her through the angry crowd, which had again started shouting. "You're going to be with me and that good for nothing, so follow me and don't get lost."

"Of course Reiji~"

"Ms. Komori and all of you get going. I do not want anything happening like last time." Reiji snapped at the triplets and walked inside the building. Mia followed him inside, eager to get away from the noise that was causing her a headache. She looked back but didn't find the eldest around them, he must be skipping classes.

'I'll skip later. Right now, I already have a toy to play with.' Mia grinned, her fangs at display as she quietly walked behind the red-eyed boy.

_____________________

20 minutes later, Mia was twirling the pencil she had borrowed from Reiji and was utterly bored. The said man didn't talk to her once, quietly reading his book.

"Um-hello." A timid voice made her look up.

A boy with lovely pink hair was standing in front of her desk, shyly glancing back at the group of boys in the other corner of the room.

'Better play nice.'

"Hi" Mia smiled.

"Uh-I just wanted- um- i -well you see my friends thought- and you were really-um." The boy groaned closing his hazel eyes in frustration. "I'm sorry."

'How pathethic'

"It's alright. Take a deep breath." The boy took two. "Good, now speak." Mia's voice sounded warm.

"I just wanted to say-um- that you're really pretty!" He blurted. "And I was wondering if I could get your name, pl-please?"

"Of course, I'm Mia Nakamura."

"Mia." The boy tested out, unconsciously leaning closer to her as he did so. Mia could immediately sense his soul, she leaned a bit closer too and took a deep breath.

'So delecious'

A cough interrupted them and the boy sprung back. Both of them turned towards the source of the noise and found Reiji, his book closed and his eyes narrowed dangerously. "Mr Kobayashi, the class will start soon, I think you should proceed to your desk."

The boy nodded frantically and after a half smile at Mia, hurried off towards his group of friends.

"Mia."

Mia smiled, "You called my name."

Reiji would deny till all eternity that he felt a spark of affection rise in his heart at that that response.

"While I don't hold any feelings for you, I can still be quite possessive. You are my bride and you will marry one of us in the future, so I don't want you flirting with any small-minded, pathetic mortals."

"He came to me." Mia ran her tongue over her fang, "-and I'll not waste any time trying to get to know you if you don't want me R-e-i-j-i."

'Take the bait.'

'Take it, come on you possessive bastard.'

"Are you trying to get on my nerves Mia." Reiji hissed. "Get all these stupid theories out of your mind and focus on the lesson."

He looked forward at the teacher who had arrived a few minutes back, though none of them had noticed. Mia did the same, a smirk pulling at her lips.

The rest of the lesson Mia didn't spare one glance at Reiji. She knew he was looking at her whenever she answered a mathematics question correct.

She could feel his gaze on her, when in the next lessons she got into a discussion about the history of Japan's imperial army with the teacher. She knew he was impressed by her knowledge.

When recess finally arrived, Mia turned to Reiji with a smirk.

"Shall we go Mr Sakamaki?"

She knew he was caught in the trap when he smirked back and replied, "Of course, Ms Nakamura."

'He knew I had the beauty and to lure him in, all I had to do was show the brains.'

___________________________________

Thank you to all of you for the beautiful words of encouragements. They always motivate me to write. This chapter was all Reiji, next I'll be focusing on Ayato.

What did you think?

Anamika~