Azusa

Mia remembered her childhood; there was a day when she had found wolves in the forest. Rather than hurting her, they had sensed her power and snuggled up to her, almost suffocating her.

That is how she felt now, a fleeting sense of relief before being suffocated with images.

__

A small, green haired child sat in the streets, his sunken eyes looked up at people walking by him without a care. He was starving, maybe if someone could give him a small piece of bread? The people kept going though, not even looking at him.

His existence had no value.

...

Justin, Melissa and Christina were his friends. They gave him some food, spent time with him and hurt him.

Purple eyes screwed shut as Azusa laughed, taking all the blows. They were hurting him, so he must have a worth. The pain told him he was alive. He was being seen.

His friends stopped as he continued laughing, looks of disgust on their faces. Freak, they called him after running away.

No.

Don't go, Azusa ran after them.

...

His three friends were gone forever, dead. 

...

Instead Azusa had a tall, brown haired boy as his first friend in the orphanage.

He looked into Yuma's determined eyes and then at his hand holding out a loaf of bread to him and he...he felt hope.

He was seen again.

__________