Chapter 1 Part 2

That night, all the mermaids were charging up their moon rings, so they didn't know that there was an intruder on their island...

A young man, with dark blonde hair in a quiff flicked to his right side, was busy striding through the forest of Okam Island.
Sometimes land people occasionally visited Okam Island for camping trips, but that was not the reason he was here.

This young man, was on the island for a complet different reason... For he was actually a merman. A merman, with a mission...

He was speed walking to the volcano, where there was a huge gap in the wall, which only opened on a full moon. He entered confidently and walked down the dimly lit pathway until he entered a big, circular room. This room was completely black, except from in the center, where there was a huge carving of the head of a trident in the stone flooring.

A fww inches away there was a big pedestal, if you looked carefully you could see five symbols: One of the trident head, one of a circle (representing the moon), a circle of a hole in the middle (representing the moon pool), one of a semi circle covered by wavy lines (signalising the moon rising above the water) and one of a thin trapezium (symbolising the Volcano of Okam Island).

There were also big streaks of blue coming from the floor of the ceiling, enclosing the trident carving and stone pedestal. And if you looked up, you could see a panoramical view of the moon when it passed over the Okam volcano which was surrounded by several and myriade (numurous I mean) stars.