Chapter 6

"Ever since I was young I was always scared to open up and make friends because I was scared of being judged. I was right. I was always different from the other kids I didn't really play with toys. For as long I can remember I would always have a book in my hand and was always writing and no one ever wanted to talk to me because of these things" I said.

Tears were forming in my eyes.

Niall never broke eye contact.

"I can tell this is a lot for you and if you don't want to continue it's perfectly fine" he said.

"Honestly it's making me feel better with getting this off my chest and telling someone about it and are you sure you want to hear it?"

"Yes I don't mind but only if you want to".

I continued "I went through most of my early school years wanting a friend but it never came around and I felt like I needed to change so I did. Year 5 is when I started to not focus on reading and writing so much and start being like the other kids I know it sounds stupid and useless and believe me I wish I knew it at the time".

"Did acting like the other kids help you make friends?" He asked.

"I made about 2 new friends that year and it felt great even my parents were excited for me and even my sibling were also. It was also good knowing I had friends when making that transition into the next part of school which is what we call middle school but I'm only friends with one of them till this current day and we barely even talk so I don't know" I stopped.

"What about after middle school how was high school for you" he asked while rubbing my shoulders.

"I made a couple more and I decided to return to my book loving writing self and it turned out for the better because I became friends with those who share the same interests as me so it was going well then you know graduation happened and then everyone went off to college and I decided to stay at home and got to the college that is the closest to me and well now I ever really talk to them then well here I am. Ok I've been talking way to much" I said and then there were the tears.

He looked at me with those perfect blue eyes.

"Hey don't cry it's ok don't feel sad things will get better".

I smiled and laughed while trying to prevent my tears from falling down my face.

"So let's get on another subject or go back to playing a card game"  I said.

He smiled "how about a another round of go fish or we could go the cheesy game way and I can get a piece of paper and we can either play hangman or tic tac toe"

I laughed "really that is your options?"

"Well I don't see you coming up with anything and why can't handle the challenge?"

"No I can handle how about some tic tac toe then if you want to challenge me"

I grabbed paper from my bag and we proceeded with the game.