Just Say I Do!

Over the next few nights after Ace had told me he was willing to run away with me, Jacob had started to act weird. He was working way more late nights, not really sleeping in the house and kind of being distant.

I had called him out on it saying that I was feeling like I was lonely and that I missed him. He apologized and brought on his love full force, spending all his time with me and just showering me in love and gifts.

I decided to surprise Jacob at work so we could get lunch when I saw two people kissing. I hid behind a wall trying to not be noticeable.

"Alex...we can't...I'm happily engaged." One man's voice range out.

Alex? I've heard that name before or at least seen it... Wait that guy speaking was Jacob!

"Come on...you still love me...she might be good but we have history." Alex spoke up.

I turned myself to see what was going on and I saw Alex crying and Jacob holding him tightly.

"I...I...can't I'm getting married in a week." Jacob looked down at Alex.

"I...Know...I'm sorry..." Alex wiped at his eyes and straightened out his suit.

I leaned back on the wall, I can't believe that just happened.

I heard their voices coming closer so I put a smile on my face and wiped my face, making sure there were no tears. I pushed myself off the wall and walked straight, pretending that I had just arrived, instead of being there the entire time listening to their conversation.

They turned the corner and both had looks of surprise on their faces.

"Honey! What are you doing here?" Jacob reached out to hug me.

"I came here to surprise you! I thought I could take you out to lunch." I'm surprised my voice came out so normal.

"Oh, yeah...let's head to lunch." He grabbed my hand.

"Wait, You're a friend of Jacob?" I stared towards Alex.

He looked a bit scared but nodded his head.

"Why don't you come to our wedding, I don't know if Jacob invited you but I'm inviting you, Any friend of Jacob is a friend of mine." I walked closer and grabbed his hands.

He nodded his head and I smiled before returning to Jacob's side and reaching down and grabbing his hand.

He lead me out of his building and we went to lunch. The whole time I spent just thinking about if I should really go on with this wedding now...

For the remainder of the week, I spent overthinking everything. Should I run away with Ace? Should I get married to Jacob, even if his heart isn't in it? Should I have just stopped the wedding? Should I have said no when he proposed? 

I couldn't stop overthinking and questioning every thing, and before I knew it, It was my wedding day.

I was about to walk out into the church and announce my vows to be faithful to Jacob and all I could think about was if it was a mistake. My father looked at me rubbing up and down my arm before he linked his arm with mine. I took a deep breath in and the doors swung open, revealing me and my father. The wedding march started to play and my father and I slowly started our long walk to the front of the church.

I could see Jacob smiling and tears running down his face as he tried to wipe them away. I looked around the church and my eyes met Alex's eyes and they looked full of sorrow but also in awe of my wedding gown.