To Be or Not to Be? Part 1

We arrived at the Planned Parenthood down the street and I signed in and sat down next to Ben in the waiting room.

"Gosh, being in doctor offices really makes me nervous." I pulled at my sleeves.

"It's ok, there's nothing to be worried about. I can go in there with you if you want me to?"

"Yeah, can you please?"

"Of course." 

I smiled at him gratefully, when my phone started to vibrate in my pocket.

I picked up. "Hey bae!" I looked into the face of Jacob, through FaceTime.

"Hey, where are you?" He had his glasses on and his hair was messy.

"I'm at the doctors office...Did you just wake up?"

"Yup, and are you ok? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just a regular checkup...don't worry."

"Ok, I'll see you after work?"

"Yup of course! See you later baby."

"Bye sweetie." And the FaceTime call ended.

I turned to look at Ben and he grabbed my hand and rubbed up and down.

The nurse called my name and I looked back at Ben.

"Ready?" He looked at me.

I nodded my head and we both got up and followed the nurse further into the Planned Parenthood.

After an hour of learning about the pregnancy, and getting information on my options and also taking a note of where to get DNA testing Ben and I left the Planned Parenthood. We found out that I was around 5 weeks, which is the amount of time since I slept with both guys, so it's even more confusing. I'm going to go to a DNAcenter for a test but I need to get samples from both guys. I need to get their spit, this is gonna be a bit challenging, but I can do it.

I walked back home after the doctor's visit, Ben had to leave for a work emergency so I just went back myself. I opened my front door and sat down on the couch. How did I get myself in this fucking mess?

Later that night Jacob came over and we hung out before going to dinner and a movie and then coming back to my place. He was going to spend the night so I had plenty of time to figure out a way to get my sample from him. He was laying down asleep on the couch. so I went to my bathroom and grabbed a cotton swap and moved it around inside his mouth a bit. When I pulled away, he stirred a bit so I froze. He went back to sleeping soundly and I went to put the cotton swap in a little baggie. All that was left was Ace. 

The next day I drove over to his place and used my key to get inside his place, since he told me he was gonna be probably asleep. I opened the door quietly so that I wouldn't wake him up or startle him. I walked quietly to his bedroom and sure enough he was asleep, so I tiptoed over to him and grabbed my cotton swap and ran it through his mouth and then placed it in my baggie. Thank God he was a deep sleeper, I tiptoed back out of his room and sat down on his couch just watching t.v. when he came out.

"Oh Hey. Good morning." He stretched.

"Hi Ace, good morning."

"I'm hungry you want some breakfast?" He moved towards his kitchen

"Nah, I'm not that hungry."

"Oh...are you still throwing up? Are you ok?" He came back and sat down on the couch and put his hand on my thigh.

"I'm not that's been long over...and I'm good, seriously you don't need to worry."

He nodded and got back up walked into his kitchen.

"Oh hey Ace?"

"Yeah?" He called from the kitchen.

"I have a doctor's appointment, I gotta go."

"Oh Ok, call me later, we can hang out." He walked out of the kitchen and hugged me.

"Yup." I hugged back and then waved as I left his place.

I got in my car and drove to the testing center and gave the samples and had my blood drawn. They told me that the results would be ready next week. So I had a week to kill, just waiting was making me nervous.

For the next week I was just working and being busy with friends and family, just living my life when BAM.

The letter with the future of my life came in. 

It was just sitting on the table and I was sitting down on the couch just looking at it.

My phone rang, letting my know an incoming FaceTime call was coming in.

"Hey Jacob."

"What's wrong you seem sad?"

"Nothing, just work has been a lot recently."

He nodded and fixed his glasses. Both he and Ace were having the same issue with their contacts, Ace hadn't ordered any more contacts because he's lazy and Jacob poked his eye a bit putting in his contact so he's a bit scared of trying to put them in again.

"Oh well that sucks bae, do you wanna hang out later to relax?"

"Um..." I looked at the letter sitting in front of me.

"I'll let you know, I gotta go babe. Talk to you later."

"Oh...ok yeah sure." I hung up and went back to staring at the letter.

My doorbell rang and I got up to open the door.

"Hey, I got here as fast as I could." Ben spoke out of breath.

"Thank you for getting here."

"Of course I wouldn't miss this life changing moment."

He and I moved back to the couch and he sat down holding my hand.

"Alright open it."

I reached over and grabbed the letter and teared it open.

I read the contents and let a deep sigh out.

Ben grabbed the letter and read it before rubbing my back.

"You know what you need to do know right?"

"Yup I need to tell him...In person."

Ben nodded his head. I got up and hugged Ben before putting my jacket on and we left the apartment. He walked me to my car and hugged me tight before walking to his car. 

I drove over to his apartment and was taking deep breaths in the elevator before I was standing in front of his door.

I knocked twice before the door opened.

He arrived with his glasses on his face, a look of concern on his face.

"Hey...What's wrong?"

"I need to tell you something..."

"Ok...come in..." He stepped aside and let me through. 

To Be Continued....