22

I am woken up by the sunlight shining perfectly in my eyes this morning. It's cold as I stretch and reach for Michael, but he isn't next to me anymore. Maybe he is eating breakfast?

I crawl out of the big comfy bed of Michaels and find one of his black older shirts to put on. It hits me mid-thigh perfectly. As I go to walk out of Michaels room, I'm stopped when I see a mirror. I look so different then I did months ago. Not to mention I'm still a little underweight from the previous incident but I look more peaceful. My cheeks are a nice pink shade, I don't have dark circles under my eyes, I have short hair that lands at my shoulders that I'm not a fan of, and my eyes are shining. I step closer and touch my cheek, the bruise is all faded now. I take another step away, sighing. I know I won't be able to stay here forever. Michael will get tired of taking care of me, and at this point like I told him, he doesn't have too anymore. I am free and safe. I don't know why he wants me to stay here so bad. He knows I will have sex with him, he knows I've fallen in love and that I have a great bond with Janice. I know he likes me and cares about me, he shows it. I can't help but think that maybe he does love me, he just can't say it? Because the way he is with me... he's so protective and never wants me to leave. When we make love it feels real.

His head is all over the place though as I don't have the energy to try and map out his possible feelings for me.

I leave the room and walk downstairs. Janice surprises me with a hug. She smells like pie this morning.

"Hey baby doll. How was your date?" She grins, her smile wrinkling her eyes.

I blush, "it was good."

"Did he tell you he loves you?"

I look away from her momentarily, "No." why do I feel so ashamed?

Her hand touches my shoulder in a motherly like manner. "He does, just give him time." She assures me but I don't get my hopes up.

"Where is he?" I ask as I sit down to eat pancakes.

"He's in the gym downstairs. He's been there for about two hours now." Oh.

When I finish my pancakes and he is still in the gym I decide to go check on him. I wonder if he's okay.

I walk down stairs, where I never go, and look into the gym. It's a room with windows all around it viewing the city. It would be really pretty to workout in here at night. He is boxing, sweaty and shirtless. By the way he is punching he seems very aggressive. He looks so hot like this, then again he always looks hot. I've lived here for 2 months and I have never seen this room. Before I can get away without him seeing me, he stops the punching bag from moving and he stares at me.

"Hi." I say, his eyes scan my body.

"You look good." He huffs. I know he likes when I wear his clothes.

"Are you okay?" I ask him.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" He frowns, taking a step away from the punching bag. He seems defensive.

I shrug. "It's just, I don't know..." I stutter, "just checking."

"Sorry you got your feelings hurt that I didn't stay to wake up with you." He smartly remarks.

"I— my feelings aren't hurt." Now they are. What the hell.

"That was a joke." He says and I gulp down my nerves. "How do you feel after last night..."

"Good." I reply and get goosebumps at the thought.

"Me too." Michael says and I can't help my smile.

"I think I'm going out to the bar with Stan tonight." I tell him.

"Tony can drive you guys." He says.