Chapter Eight: Thor Is A Giant, Ferocious Teddy Bear

"Well personally, I think you should be at least a little worried." You shrugged, "And that's just due to the fact that our foster parents like sucking people dry of their money." you frowned ever so slightly, trying to ignore the anger slowly developing in your chest. 

Oh, and if Jerry and Jenet ruined this for everyone? There would be hell to pay, you would make sure of that.

"Wait, are they coming here?" Katie froze, fear in her eyes as she looked to you for an answer.

Malissa was quick to jump up, "No, honey, but they might try to find us while we're gone. Did you do the dishes when you got home?" The only reason they ever really bothered them was for dinner (when they had company, otherwise they didn't bother), or unfinished chores.

Katie's hands flew to her mouth as she realized her mistake "Oh my God!" She cried, sniffing, "They're gonna kill me aren't they?!" tears were already falling before anyone even had a chance to fully understand what she'd said.

Thor, however, was quick to understand and help. He lifted the small child up in his arms and cradled her for a moment, before pulling her back enough so she could see him. 

"Hey, Katie, can you look at me for a moment?" his voice was soft, comforting, as he quietly spoke.

Katie sniffed, listening as she let her eyes focus on Thor's. He had her full attention.

"I swear, upon my mighty hammer and my father, Odin, that I shall not let either of your parents lay a singer finger upon you." He told her, his voice both serious and comforting, "And if they do, I will know, and they will face the mighty wrath of a God. " He gave her a serious look. He meant this. "Okay? I swear upon the all-father. No one shall harm you without severe consequence." 

Katie nodded, "Sir Thor, " she sniffed, "You don't have to do that for me. I deserve it. I'm a bad kid." she hiccupped, her tears falling faster, "I'm sorry." 

Micheal glared at the back of Katie's head for a few seconds in silence, almost expecting himself to hit something. Instead, he surprised everyone, including himself.

"Katie," he spoke up, his voice soft and almost playful, "can you tell me who helped me decide what colored earring I should wear today?" he asked, a small smile coming to his lips as she answered.

"I did..." she sniffed and hiccupped, sniffing again.
Micheal took a few steps closer, kneeling down so Katie could look down at him, "And who made everyone lunches, even though she didn't have to?" he asked.

"Me..." Katie's eyebrows furrowed, what was he up to?

"And who in the world paints Malissa's nails when Chloe and Scarllet are busy?" Micheal asked, smiling wider as Katie giggled.

"I do." Katie's tears began to slow.

"And what amazing little girl goes with Maverik to go grocery shopping? And not because she has to, but just because she likes to help?" Micheal asked.

"I do!" Katie smiled, chuckling as she watched Micheal stand up again.
"You, smol child, are a wonderful little girl. You just forget things sometimes, just like everyone. Just like Ironman, like the Hulk, hell– even black widow forgets stuff!" he exclaimed.

Katie violently shook her head, "No way! Black Widow doesn't forget things! She's a super spy!" she exclaimed.

Micheal nodded, "Oh yes she does! You know why? Because she has a brain. Brains forget things, so people forget things. " he told her. 

Then, he gave her a very serious look, one that usually meant he was going to do something serious, anyways. 

"Jerry and Jenet are bad people, Katie. They like punishing people and watching them suffer. You don't deserve that. You don't deserve the shit they give you, and they don't have a right to your respect. They aren't good people, Katie, and that's what you have to keep in mind. Y/n, Malissa, Maverik, even Scarllet, and I will all fight until we can't before we just let them hurt you. Okay?"

Katie nodded, "Okay." 

Micheal nodded, "Now, I need you to make me a promise. Can you do that?" he whispered.
Katie nodded again.

"I need you to promise me that you'll be brave. Even when it's hard." Micheal whispered, "Because we will have to go back eventually, and things may get a little.... interesting, and I need you to stay strong for all of us. Can you do that?" he asked, hoping for the best. 

Of course, she could, but whether or not she could while under the amount of pressure that would end up upon her shoulders... well, that was a different question. 

Katie nodded again, "I promise." she told him, matching his facial expression. The deal was practically sealed in blood.

Micheal's usual semi-angry facial expression returned, and took a step back, ignoring all of the eyes that had latched themselves into his figure as he went and sat by Scarllet.

"That was..." Sallet trailed off, unable to find words due to her shock.

"Good." Malissa nodded, "You did good, Micheal." 

You nodded as well, but you forced yourself to look past it. There were more pressing matters at hand that needed to be discussed. 

"Thor, I'd appreciate it if you and Katie went and talked just outside the room." You faked a natural-looking smile, "Tell her about Asgard and the nine realms, she'll love it." you added. 

Thor nodded, taking the little princess and swiftly leaving, her giggling along the way.

You turned to everyone else, "Sorry," she cleared her throat, "but I didn't want her to worry, especially since she's already worried enough." You explained.

"What do you have to worry about?" Steve asked, squinting ever so slightly.

"This whole adoption thing, obviously," Tony spoke up, standing and walking towards the door. He turned, glad that he'd not gained everyone's attention, "I think Thor's already willing to adopt Katie-- however that'll work out. Scarllet, from what I've seen, would probably do great with Bruce, Malissa with Wilson, Y/n with me, Maverik and Micheal with Stephen. I think we can get this started by next week." Tony shook his head, "No, I think we need to." 

"What? Adopt them? Wait– this is why we're here?" Stephen gave Tony a weird look, "I was gone for, what, ten minutes?"

"Stephen, I know this is short notice, but hear me out on this one, okay?–" Tony started, but Stephen wasn't quite having it.

"Tony, I went out to get milk, fruit loops, and Oreos, and within that short amount of time, you had a team meeting where you decided to go from adopting one kid to seven?!" 

Tony sighed, his hands quickly coming up to rub his face. Of course, Stephen was upset. This was a big thing. It was illogical, improbable, abrupt, borderline impulsive. Most things Stephen wasn't too big on. But what was he supposed to do? Leave them?

Another heavy sigh escaped his lips and he quickly decided:

He was royally screwed now. 

A/N: I just like?? Writing Thor with little kids? Also, I hope this chapter is good! I'm actually surprised by the fact that I got it all done as quickly as I did! Uhhhmmm, yeah, I think that's it for commentary though! I hope you guys like it! :D