Chapter Six: HYDRA Made More Than Just One Super Soldier, Silly

Bucky wasn't sure if he was confused, or if her flat out didn't believe you. So, he asked.

"What do you mean 'they're all dead'?" he scoffed, "You can't just kill super soldiers!"

You turned to look at the former HYDRA agent, smirking as you gave him a dismissive wave of your hand, "Sure you can! You just need a better super soldier to do it." You shrugged.

It's not like you were trying to get everyone all riled up, but you did kinda have a lot going on at the moment. With Chloe being in the hospital, Micheal acting up with his busted lip, and this whole adoption thing... your brain just kinda went into autopilot mode.

"You're not–" Clint paused, giving her an odd look, "Are you?" he asked.

You're not like the Winter Soldier, are you?

You took a deep breath, but you couldn't help but glare at the... team in front of you, "I'm sure you're all smart enough to-ve looked into my background. You all know who I am." you deadpanned

"Do we? All I know for sure is that you're a listed HYDRA assassin." Rhodes snapped.

"Yeah, and War Machine, also known as you, Sargent Rhodes, almost killed the president. I like to think titles don't matter that much." Micheal snapped bitterly, sat up, and glared at the war 'hero'.

"Oh yeah? Okay, if that's how you wanna play it." Rhodey snapped, "How many innocent people have been killed because of her?"

"Over eighty." You shrugged, "Then again, no one's innocent. So, zero."

"Yeah right," Bucky snapped, "Y/n L/n? Over one-hundred-fifty kills before going dark in her 8th year. Everyone remembers you." he glared, "Everyone learned to fear you the hard way."

"While that may be true, that doesn't change the fact that what I said is true. I don't kill innocent people. Every person I killed was bad in one aspect or another." You shrugged.

"You killed kids, Y/n!" Bucky scolded, fists clenching at his sides.

"If you wanna go with logic like that, then you've killed more kids than I have." You glared, "But we both know that you didn't kill them. James wouldn't. HYDRA brainwashed both of us, W.S. not just you." you snapped, "Now lower your voice, or you're going to wake Chloe up."

"Oh, so you're actually concerned about Chloe now?" Micheal gawked.

You knew he was just trying to get under your skin, but you weren't having it. However, when you went to speak, someone beat you to it.

"Could you cut that out? She's clearly having a hard enough time, and she doesn't need you shitting on her."

They spoke with a heavy accent. Sokovian, from what you could hear. After quickly going through all the members of the Avengers, you narrowed it down to the Maximoff twins.

"Pietro or Wanda?" You asked, choosing not to turn and look at either.

"Wanda." They answered.

"Well, Wanda," You turned to face the former HYDRA agent, "as much as I love you trying to defend me, I don't mind him too much. Micheal's been having an off day, especially since he apparently got into a fight. So, I'd rather take the verbal abuse than have him lash out on someone else again." you sighed, somehow looking ages older within a few minutes. 

We really need to get Micheal in to see a therapist...

A/N: I had a hard time with editing and being able to focus, but I got it! 😄 I hope you have a wonderful day!