Chapter Seven: Can The Avengers Get Arrested?

You were actually beginning to envy Chloe as the night passed, because, due to the fact that she was asleep, Chloe didn't have to put up with the thick layers of tension in the room.

Bucky was staring at you with a glare that could kill a giant Hulk, Stephen looked tired and mildly miffed, Tony was deep in thought, and Mr. America was deeply confused. In fact, he was the only one who seemed to be okay with their current situation. 

Well, aside from Thor, who'd been playing with Katie. She was currently hanging off of the God's arm, giggling like a mad woman.

You didn't focus on that though. You couldn't. Especially since all of your attention was on your biggest problem: how were you going to explain sneaking everyone out to the police? Because you know your  "parents" had called them by now. 

Katie hadn't done the dishes, and you knew Jerry had noticed and gone upstairs to yell at her by now.

A small sigh left your lips. When Micheal ran off, it was easy to cover for him, but everyone? At the same time?

You looked over to Rhodey, your eyebrows furrowed as you thought for a moment.

The Sargent was quick to notice, rolling his eyes as he glared at you. "Can I help you with something?" He asked sarcastically, clearly just pissed about their previous conversation.

"Can the Avengers get arrested for normal things? Like... murder? Or too many speeding tickets?" You asked, no sign of sarcasm or humor. You were dead serious. 

Rhodey gave her an odd look but answered anyway, "Yes. We're as obligated to the law as you are."

"Murder and parking tickets? How are those even remotely the same?" Doctor Banner gave you a 'wtf' look as he shook his head.

"They're both illegal?" Clint offered.

"She said speeding tickets, hotshot." Stephen snapped.

"Six more PhDs than you, Strange." Clint teased.

"One more Md than him, Barton." Stephen shot back.

"Why do you ask?" Peter spoke up nervously.

("A better beard than you, Strange.")

"Well, the longer you stay here, the more Jerry, our foster parent, can make it look like you kidnapped us. I have a valid excuse for being here, you guys don't." You explained with a shrug.

("Better looking hair, Barton.")

"Wait, Mr. Stark, should we be worried about that?" Peter looked over to the infamous Ironman, who was still too lost in his thoughts to-ve heard anything anyone was saying.

However, Stephen and Clint had abruptly ended their squabble after hearing Peter.

Everyone who'd heard looked at each other, silently trying to find their answer.

Then, as they all magically come to a conclusion at the same time, they answered.

Unfortunately, the room was split. Half said yes, half said no.

A/N: Oh. My. Gods did this take forever. It wasn't even like, writing it. It was just getting to the point where I could write it! Oof. I know, this isn't that much. But! I'm already starting on the next Chapter and everything! :D SO just hang in there. (Also, I hope everyone had a good day so far.)