Chapter Five: Boi, everything's illegal these days

Mr. America was confused.

I mean, a lot of things confused him, but this was topping right now.

You didn't fall. Hell, you didn't even flinch. 

You stretched your neck. Once to the left, and once to the right, wincing as you listened to it crack. "You've got a strong hit. I'm glad they gave you the serum first." you smiled.

"First?" Bruce gave you a weird look, which then caused the rest of the superheroes in the room to follow.

Scarllet accidentally laughed, snorting as she was quickly shut up by Malissa because this is how we get in trouble, Scarllet.

"What's so funny about that?" Tony asked, giving the group of teenagers a suspicious look.

"Did you really think they wouldn't try and recreate the super soldier serum?" Scarlet chuckled again, "Howard tried to recreate it right off the bat! And how do you think James is still alive?" Scarllet probably would've noticed the silent anger in Steve's glare, but she was too busy trying not to laugh to even care. "Hell, he's probably not the only one, either!" her chuckling died down as she slowly realized how full of solemn and silent anger the room had become.

"What do you mean 'others'?" Rhodey asked, taking a step closer.

"How did you know about that?" Tony asked, gaining the room's attention as he walked up to Scarllet, who was half-heartedly being guarded by Malissa.

The teen refused to answer, her anxiety quickly blowing through the roof. She wasn't going to have a panic attack, but it sure as hell felt like she was.

"S.H.E.I.L.D and HYDRA released all of their files, Mr. Stark. Scarllet reads all of it in her spare time. Sue her." Malissa snapped.

"No no, how'd you know about the other super soldiers?" Bucky spoke up, also getting up to step closer to the nerdy teen.

"I– uh–" Scarllet cleared her throat, trying to gain control over her stammering as she tried again, "I.." she cleared her throat once more, shifting in her seat uncomfortably as she looked to the floor, "I hacked some files and decrypted them..." she finally admitted.

She was quiet, and quite frankly if the room hadn't already been vacant of speech, no one would've been able to have heard her speak in the first place.

Steve just frowned harder, "You know that's illegal, right?"

You had to laugh at that, which thankfully diverted all the attention from Scarllet.

"You know that's stupid, right?" You chuckled again, "She's not hurting anyone, she's not selling the info to awful people, and she's not hurting herself. Captain Rodgers, she's fine." you said sternly.

"But she is selling the information?" and although Clint asked, it sounded more like a statement.

"Not the info on the location of the other super soldiers. Nobody cares about them anymore." You chuckled again, "Besides," you shrugged, "all the others are dead."

A/N: Oh my goodness this is so fucking short!! I am super sorry! I'm in school once again and my schedule is getting kinda full, but I'm gonna try to update more often. (Although I will say that that might mean shorter chapters, I promise they won't be shorter than this though.)