Chapter Two: What Tony Did When He Got Home

Tony had left you soon after you'd talked about the whole Jerry and adopting everyone thing.

So, once Tony was gone, after he's left his personal phone number in your phone, you decided to go inside. Your toes were about to freeze off in the cold anyway.

Once inside, you found no one to be inside. It was eerily quiet, and you almost wondered what'd happened to Jerry and Jenet, but you brushed the thought away. Perfect, you realized, quickly and quietly rushing up the stairs to your room.

Well okay, it wasn't necessarily your room. It belonged to you and every other foster kid here. You shared a room mainly because you had to, but most of you preferred it anyway. This way, you all knew who was possibly being held captive by Jerry. It was easier to look after each other.

You looked around, smiling when your eyes landed on three vibrantly colored heads of hair. You smiled. The blue hair belonged to Malissa, the orange ironically belonging to Scarllet, and the black belonging to Katie, flowing into a really pretty purple ombre. It almost made you jealous; seeing Katie's hair. It was the coolest you'd ever seen.

Scarllet and Malissa where, from what you could see, helping Katie with her math homework.

"You just add them. See? Two plus two. That equals four." Scarllet shrugged, chuckling at the horrendously confused look on Katie's face. This was hopeless.

You chuckled too, causing everyone else to immediately take conscious notice of your presence.

You smiled, opening your arms as Katie ran over and hopped up, hugging your waist, "Welcome home, Y/n!" she smiled as wide as she could, showing off the new gap in her teeth from losing her first tooth.

"I think I can take her if you want, Scar." you winked, holding back a laugh as Malissa nodded vigorously over her shoulder.

They always found it difficult to explain things to Katie because they underestimated her intelligence. Maverik was the only other person, aside from you, who could explain the math just right. It didn't really click unless either of you explained it.

You giggle, looking down at Katie as she pulled away, "Hey Kate!" you smiled, "Do you mind if I help you with your math homework?" you had to at least ask Katie before making the change without her. It was one of the room's rules: Consult everyone that has to do with the change or agreement before making it so.

The youngest's smile somehow grew at the question and she nodded, pulling you over to her bunk. "We're doing addition and I hate it!" she exclaimed, rolling her eyes as she cleared a spot for you on her bed, "Mrs. Lucey is horrible! None of it makes sense when she explains it!" Katie complained, an aggravated sigh escaping her lips as she hopped up onto her bed again.

"I can't wait until our paychecks come in and we get a router booster," Scarllet sighed, "When we have Wi-fi, I'll teach you how to do research on my laptop." she grinned.

Katie gasped, Scarllet was really protective over her laptop. It was her most prized possession, and she was going to let Katie use it? She couldn't wait!

Scarllet nodded, saying something about Katie needing to be able to get answers for herself if her teacher couldn't provide them properly.

For a six-year-old, Katie was really smart. The only problem was her shitty teacher, whom you've already had to go and see four times this year about how poorly she's been teaching her students. Everyone's hoping she gets fired before Micheal goes and talks to her. The day he does will probably be the day she dies, whether she's ready for it or not.

So, with a small sigh, you look at Katie's horribly thought out worksheet, leaning over the poorly printed paper as you began to explain how addition worked and when you use it in everyday life.