The Punchline (Epilogue)

Start from the beginning

"Here's the address-" I type it in his GPS, nervous when it said 10 minutes to route. Please, please let Enigma not even be hurt. Perhaps I had gotten this all wrong. This is one of the times I wouldn't mind looking stupid.

"So how do you know about my Case." Gordon spoke quietly, keeping at a steady 65 MPH. Couldn't he go any faster!? Ugh! I kick the dashboard.

"Please dearie, I'm in the GCPD every day you just don't know it. Eyes and Ears everywhere." I spit back, annoyed at the man. He didn't understand I didn't want to talk to him, his only job was to drive,

It was obvious how much Gordon hated me. He hated everything and anyone to do with the Joker. I looked like my boss, it must have made him upset. Everyone in the underworld knew why, Joker had hurt Gordon's daughter, badly. It was actually quite funny if you think about it. It was a joke no one was prepared for. I didn't realize I was laughing at the irony until I saw Gordon worry. "What's so funny." He looked in the mirror, he must be looking for his back up. Shit.

My heart started to pound. "Ya better keep going. You don't realize how many lives are in your hands right now...you know that Emily girl....she's dead meat if we don't hurry."

Gordon's eyes flashed a glimmer of concern, I could see that. Ah mention a civilian and the white knight comes out of Gordon, when I knew a fellow rouge's health would never be given that much concern. I still wouldn't forget how he almost killed Enigma.

"Why is that?" Gordon questions as he kept driving to the location, speeding up a little.

5 minutes. 5 fucking minutes

"Because..." Ohhhhh the fun part. LIES! I love lies. There was no way I can tell the Comiss the truth? There was no fun in that. Plus this would make Jason'sand that stupid Wayne's life miserable. "-that Richie kid, what was his name again?"

"Jason."

"Yeahhh, he put a little hit on that girlie after she tried to run."

In the corner of my eye I notice Gordon speeding up. 105 MPH, now we're talking. "Riddler doesn't do hits." He says, uncertain. Well that fucks up my lie. Why couldn't the Riddler be a little more untamed like his daughter. Grrrr the man had to be so clean and cocky

"He doesn't...but he was gonna use the girl as ransom against Mr. Wayne. AND Mr. Wayne won't pay cause she'd be better off dead to them with all she knows." I start to laugh, trying to hide how uncomfortable this was making me. It was easy to laugh, harder for me to reveal how tense this ride was making me. Oh no. A pit forms in my stomach upon realizing something. My lie unveiled a crucial truth to the situation, and it wasn't funny at all. As that lie escaped my makeup covered lips, I realized I am Enigmas only hope. Batman wouldn't dare save her.

"I don't understand. Where do you fit into this Kane." Gordon continued to pester.

"I don't like to lose. I'd rather see Wayne suffer because the little twit stayed alive....." In a last second effort to not look suspicious like me and her had a history I add. "-then kill her after I know Wayne's secrets."

"I won't take you to her if your trying to kill her." His foot slowed on the gas.

That was it.

I couldn't contain myself anymore.

"SHES DYING! SHES PROBABLY DEAD NOW YOU CAN NOT NOT TAKE ME!" I snap pounding my broken fist on the Dashboard. "Turn right NOW!"

I notice a building, a mansion that looked all to familiar. The old place had haunting memories of my past, but I couldn't let that stop me."I SAID NOW!" Impulsively I shoot my last bullet straight through the windshield, scaring Gordon enough to turn. "Stay in the FUCKING car." I growl, jumping out of the car before it was even stopped. My legs sprint faster then before, running in the building. "E! E!"