Chapter 12

"Are you serious?!" I asked

He nodded with a soft chuckle "yeah"

"All this while I've been calling him Timothee 'chaa- la-met' Wallahi, Ashe it's pronounced 'sha-la-mey' , yanzu if I go to France one day this is how I would have embarrassed myself?" I asked as I turned to look at him and we made eye contact.

That eye contact was all it took and we burst laughing.

"Iman you're making me laugh too much, my stomach is starting to hurt" he said with one last chuckle.

"But Wallahi I'm serious, Sai ache ji wanchan baqauyar er nigeriar!" I said.

To be honest it wasn't even funny, but you know that moment where there seems to be laughing gas in the air and whatever is said you can't help but almost wheeze yourself to death. That was one of those times, because the way we were laughing was very concerning.

"Stop! Chikina" he said as he laughed.

"What even brought up this conversation in the first place?" He said when we sobered up.

"I don't know!" I said.

He continued driving until suddenly his head snapped to the right.

I looked in the direction he was gazing at.

"I think I passed that place" He said.

"Huh?" I said in confusion.

To my utter surprise this man turned the car around and he started driving the way we came from, only thing was that it's a one way.

Why on earth is he driving on a one way, on a street where it's so easy to be caught!

"Amir! Za ah kama mu fa! What are you doing?" I asked.

He ignored me, he grinned instead.

He's insane. He's absolutely insane.

The cars coming in our direction kept honking at us angrily and I simply used my palms to cover my eues, not even wanting to see this disaster.

I opened my eyes when I felt him park.

He parked at a bakery.

He removed his seatbelt before he turned to me "I'll be back, 5 minutes!"

I nodded at him with a scowl and his grinned only widened.

He went out of the car and just like he promised a few minutes later he was back with a box in his hands.

"So you basically broke the rules, followed a one way and threatened our lives just so you can have some dessert?" I asked him, not even believing my eyes.

"No, I broke the rules, followed a one way, threatened our lives so I can get you jam filled donuts." He said, placing the box on my lap.

"...Why?" I asked

"You said you loved jam filled donuts" He said as if it was the most obvious thing on earth.

I gaped at him.

He still found a way to spend. His love language had to be giving.

"But was it really necessary?" I asked.

"Yes it was" he replied.

I rolled my eyes opening up the box.

I pushed it over to him "here"

He shook his head "I don't like jam-filled donuts"

"Then how did you know this place sells them?" I asked.