~Chapter 12: Therapy Is Now In Session For... Love!?~

(Art not by me! Obviously...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Virgil's POV~

It was Sunday, the day after Roman and I hung out. I was going to finally ask Emile what has been happening to me lately.

'Sweaty palms, more nervousness, stuttering, my face gets hot whenever he's near me, my non-existent heart is beating in weird patterns. I think that's it.' I thought.

I got off my desk chair and didn't walk into the living area. I looked around the corner of the kitchen and saw Emile on his phone.

I looked for something to throw at him. I saw a few paper balls around the trash can. I used my foot to get them. I picked one up and threw it at Emile. It hit the side of his face.

"Ow! What the-!?" He looked down and saw the paper ball at his foot. He looked at where it came from. I gestured him over. He walked over to where I was. "You could've just talked to me."

"This was better," I said and grabbed his wrist. He yelped when I pulled him into our room. I closed and locked the door. I turned to Emile. He looked confused and still had the paper ball in his hand. "I need therapy."

He looked surprised. He threw the paper ball away and grabbed his clipboard and pen. He sat on his desk chair. I pulled mine closer to his and sat in it. I fiddled with my fingers.

"Okay, first off, tell me what's happening," Emile said and clicked his pen.

"Well... it's about someone." I started.

"Is it a bully!?" Emile exclaimed. I shook my head.

"No, no, no. Not a bully. It's just Roman." I said.

"Oh... wait, what about Roman? Did he let you get hurt?" Emile asked.

"No. Just listen, Em." I sighed. He shut his mouth. "First off... I have feelings."

"Yeah, everyone has feelings," Emile said.

"Let me finish. I don't know what it is that I'm feeling and I was hoping you would help me." I explained.

"Of course! Explain the feeling."

"More nervousness, sweaty palms, stuttering, my face gets warm, my non-existent heart beats in a weird pattern," I said.

I looked at Emile. He looked surprised mixed with excitement mixed with happiness.

"What?" I asked. "Is it normal...?"

"Of course it's normal...! Virgil... you're in love!" He exclaimed. My eyes widened.

"What? I can't be... especially not with... him." I whispered the last part.

"What was that last part?" Emile asked.

"N-nothing..." I muttered. I bit on my thumbnail. It's a habit I do when I'm anxious. I curled into a ball on my chair and pulled my hood up.

"Virgil, what's wrong?" Emile asked. I dropped the hood and looked at him, my eyes filling with tears.

"B-because I l-like R-Roman..." I stuttered. Emile was so surprised that he dropped his clipboard and pen.

"Oh, Virgil..." Emile whispered and hugged me. I held onto his shirt. I was full-on crying but it came off muffled by Emile's shirt.

"H-how can I b-be in l-love with h-him...? It d-doesn't make any s-sense..." I cried.

"It'll be fine, Virgil. I know it will. I'll ask Roman what he thinks about you." Emile said.

"R-really?" I asked. He nodded. "Thank y-you, Em."

"No problem, V," Emile said.

~An hour later~

I finally stopped crying, a few sniffles every now and then. Emile hadn't left me. It was afternoon. I was exhausted from crying so much.

"Why don't you take a nap?" Emile said. I nodded. Emile slowly let go. There were tear stains on his shirt.

"S-sorry..." I muttered.

"It's alright. Tear stains dry up." Emile said. I slowly uncurled myself. I was visibly shaking as I put my feet back on the carpet. Emile picked up his clipboard and pen. "I'll ask Roman what he thinks about you."

I nodded. Emile pat me on the head and walked out the door, closing it behind him. I slowly got up from the chair and slowly climbed up to my bed. I lied down on my back and curled up, sleep slowly getting the better of me. I finally closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

~Roman's POV~

I was drawing Virgil in my sketchbook. It's not weird or creepy. I just like to draw him. He's like my inspiration.

I heard a knock on my door. I quickly hid my sketchbook in my desk drawer. I turned around on my chair.

"Come in," I called. The door opened, revealing Emile. Truth be told I am... actually scared about how overprotective he is of Virgil, so I was scared of him. "E-Emile! Welcome, have a seat."

He sat on Remy's desk chair and looked at me with somewhat sad eyes.

"Roman. I need to ask you a question. You need to answer TRUTHFULLY. Okay?" He said.

"Um... okay. Sure!" I responded.

Emile took a deep breath. "...How do you feel about Virgil?"

My face instantly warmed and my palms were sweaty.

"H-how I feel about... Virgil?" I asked. Emile nodded. He clicked his pen. "Um. Uh. W-well... I..." Then I said some incoherent stuff.

"What was that?" Emile asked.

"IloveVirgil." I quickly said and hid my face in my hands. I then turned around, got out my sketchbook, flipped it to where I started to draw Virgil and handed it to Emile. He looked at all the drawings. I colored some, but others I hadn't got the chance to. Emile slowly smiled more and more as he turned the pages. He closed it.

"Confess." He said.

"What!? No, no, no. I can't- He isn't- What if-"

"Calm down, Roman," Emile said. I shut my mouth. "I consider you my friend, I wouldn't be setting you up for rejection."

"A-are you sure? He isn't even gay." I said. Emile smiled.

"You'd be surprised..." He said. He got up and walked out, my sketchbook on the chair.

'What does he mean by that?' I asked myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~