~Chapter 2: Emile!?~

(Art not by me! Obviously...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Virgil's POV~

I finally finished decorating half of the room for my side. I had my band posters hung up and put some pictures in frames. I put my guitar, violin, and piano close to the corner so they didn't get in the way. I put my laptop, songbook, and journal on my bed. I kept my clothes in my bags.

I checked to make sure everything was in order. I walked out of the room and into the living area. I noticed two guys talking to Remy and Roman.

One of them was an inch taller than Roman. He had a white shirt under a blue flannel button shirt, glasses, his hair was brown and formal, he also had a... tie? For some reason.

The other guy looked a few inches taller than me. He had a blue shirt, glasses, his hair was curly, and he had a cardigan around his neck.

Remy noticed I was standing there. "Oh, that's my cousin, Virgil. He's not homophobic."

I rolled my eyes. "Do you really need to tell everyone that?"

"Of course. These two are gay." Remy bluntly said.

"Way to go, Rem... you really don't give a crap," I said, sarcastically. "Now they're not going to be your friend."

Before Remy could speak, someone came in, not so gracefully. I couldn't see there face since it was covered behind boxes. They dropped the boxes down, probably breaking something. I actually saw their face. I gasped.

He was wearing a white shirt underneath a brown cardigan, he had a pink tie, brown glasses, and neat brown hair. Wait... it can't be...

"Emile!?" I exclaimed. He looked at me and gasped.

"Virgil!?" Emile exclaimed. His voice was different. He actually had a British accent. "Well... what a coincidence, V."

"Right..." I muttered. "You moved back?"

"Of course! You said you were going to this college, so I headed here. I didn't know if you were going to be my roommate though." Emile said. "And... I'm sorry. Can I hug you, I really need a hug."

"Fine..." I sighed. He hugged me.

"I missed my little ball of anger and Anxiety!" He said and hugged me tighter.

"Em... can't. Breathe." I squeaked out.

"Sorry!" He let go of me and walked to his stuff. He picked up a clipboard. "I'm prescribing more therapy for you. When are you free?" He picked up his pencil and held it in his left hand. He let me see his calendar.

"I have to practice guitar, violin, and piano. So, I can do... Thursday at 4." I explained.

"Perfect!" He wrote down on his clipboard. He got one of his cards from his pocket and wrote down the date. He gave it to me. "Don't be late!"

Someone cleared their throat, making us look at the others that were quietly watching us. They stared at Emile, cautiously.

"Oh... um. Emile's not a homophobe if that's what you're thinking." I reassured.

"A homophobe? Far from it actually!" Emile laughed. "Isn't that right, Vir?"

"Of course. Far from it." I smiled a bit. "Anyway, you should recognize Remy from pictures. Next to him is Roman. I don't know who these other people are."

"Logan and Patton." Remy clarified.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you all! I'm Emile Picani. I'm a therapist in training." Emile said.

"Ever since middle school..." I muttered.

"Exactly, V! But, high school was when I actually got more people coming to me. I posted fliers all around the school. Everyone said my advice was great. I even had people afraid of coming out... it was so sweet, V." Emile smiled bright and his eyes shined.

"I'm actually proud of you, Em." I smiled a bit. Then frowned. "And I'm rarely proud of anything."

"Yay. I made it up to your standards." Emile clapped his hands together.

I rolled my eyes. My phone buzzed for a second, indicating a notification. I got out my phone. It was a notification for a message. I tapped the message icon. It was a text from my brother, Bane.

'Heard you moved out to college. Congrats, little bro. Just stay out of my way.'

I sighed. Of course, Bane would say that. He moved to college last year since he was older than me.

"Still unrelenting brother?" Emile spoke behind me. I turned to him. He wrote something on his clipboard. "Your brother is like the definition of Depression..."

"I know..." I said. My phone buzzed again. It was a message from my father.

'I heard that Remy was adopted by a family, stay away from him.'

I felt my heart tinged with pain. I turned off my phone and put it in my pocket.

I saw Emile chatting with Remy. I can't believe my father wanted me to stay away from him. I wasn't going to listen to him though.

I'm not staying away from them... no matter what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~