petal

it was sickening.

the flowers that lay in the garden, blooming beautifully. the flowers, they didn't know their purpose. only the brothers did.

yet, a stop to those beautiful plants was soon to come

————-
"fuck fuck fuck fuck! taehyung! fuck what did i just do." namjoon yelled, hands in his hair, pacing around the room. an hour had passed and seokjin was still unconscious, the blood around his nose dry. he was taking shallow breaths, which worried both boys.
"joon, is he even going to make it. there's no way you hit him so hard he died. no way."

"fuck, taehyung, i don't know i was so angry. i-"

"namjoon, fucking stop. you did not kill our brother." taehyung said calmly.

so they just waited.

———-

it was 4 am when jin woke up in an angry and confused state of mind. both brothers had slept on the couch.
"i'm gonna-" namjoon heard someone begin. he immediately woke up. "namjoon."
cautiously, namjoon replied, "yes?"

"who hit me."
"i-"
"was it you?" the eldest brother sounded so broken, it truly hurt namjoon to hear. by this time, taehyung was already awake.
"yes, it was."

"why would you do that." the room was dark, but no one needed light to see that seokjin was in tears.

"jin you were so scary. so so scary." taehyung started, "i had never seen you that angry, not since johnny."

"i see."
"i'm so terribly sorry."

something in jin changed that night. something switched in him. the brothers weren't sure if it was good or not.