Chapter 5

I've never had a problem with Katy Perry. I actually like a few of her songs. But right now I could kill the person who made her famous.

While Sebastion is perfectly relaxed, listening to his headphones, I'm being sat on. By a hippo. While listening to Katy Perry. While in a limo. In the middle of no where.

This probably wouldn't be half bad if I could breath.

"Jeremy I can't breath." He keeps on yelling out the lyrics.

"Jeremy get off of me!" No reaction. He keeps on sitting on my stomach.

"I swear Jeremy, if you don't get off of me, you won't be able to have children!!" He hesitates, but keeps on Roaring.

I raise my hand in a fist but before I could do anything he jumps up, and hits his head on the ceiling.

Seb is completely oblivious.

--------

As the limo drives along, the land around me becomes more familiar. The Academy is 12 hours away from my house so I don't get to visit often.

My first year I went home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Last year I went for Christmas. This year I didn't go at all. It's been a while since I've seen everyone, and even longer since I've seen the Dean Family. They go out of town for Christmas, usually to Italy to see their family there.

As we creep up closer to my home town, I can't unglue my face from the window. I want to take in everything, shee what's changed. We're passing my grandparents house, and I can see the giant oak standing proudly in their front yard. It's the keeper of childhood memories.

My grandpa decided that, since we loved climbing in its low-lying branches, he would make us a destination to reach. We showed him different routes we took up the limbs and he made a tree house where we thought fit.
My grandparents live two miles down from us.

I can see our grand front gates nearing. I start shaking with excitement. I'm home.

Anxiousness shivers through me as we made our way up the drive way. As we draw nearer I can see Mom, Dad, Cassidy, Zane, Matt, Mr. and Mrs. Dean, and Jack, waiting for us in front of my giant two story home. All of them holding individual "Welcome Home" signs.

I can't help but smile as I feel tears prick the corners of my eyes. As soon the limo stops I step out and let the warm feeling of finally being home sink in. Or I try to.

"OH MY GOSH EVANGELINE I HAVENT SEEN YOU IN THREE BILLION YEARS!" Cassidy exclaims, tackling me in a bone crushing hug. We clumsily spin in a circle before almost falling.

I giggle at her enthusiasm and hug her back. She quickly steps away from me. "Oh let me look at you! You're so grown! I've missed you so much! How was school? Any hot guys to tell me about? You're not very detailed when we text! Do you have a boyfriend? A girlfriend, cause I'll support you no matter what!"

A shush her before she can keep babbling. "Ok first off I'm straight and, secondly we'll have to catch up later!"

She smiled and hugs me again. "Oh wait! I almost forgot!" She steps back and pulls out a little confetti shooter. She smiles enthusiastically and pulls the tiny string. The confetti flies right into my face. "Welcome home!" I can't help but laugh at her cheesiness.

After our little moment I quickly run over to mom. "Oh sweetie I missed you!" she says squeezing me tightly.

"I missed you to." I give her a kiss her on the cheek then moved down the row, giving everyone suffocating hugs.

I stop to hug Mrs. Dean. "Oh my honey pie has grown so much!" I laugh and smile at her, giving her a bigger hug. She always called me honey pie.

When I reached Jack I squatted ,giving him a big bear hug, and ruffling his hair. He squirms and swats my hands away. I stop and look at him smiling at me. I think I'm going to cry.

"So, how old are you now, 16?"

He grins at me. His little white teeth were almost all grown in.

"No, if I was 16 I would be chasing after you." He gives me a wink.

I laugh, "Already a lady killer. I might have to stay and keep the girls from jumping on you." I straighten up.

He smirks. "There's no stopping them"

Oh lord, Mrs. Deans has her hands full, raising these boys.