The Good Times

Ella's pov:

"You guys kissed?! Actually kissed?! Like mouth to mouth? As in-..." I quickly cover Ally's mouth in attempt to make her not wake the whole entire household up.

...

Or worse.

Mom.

"Shhhh" I try to get her to calm down, but I knew it would basically do nothing.

"But!!" Her muffled voice says under my hand.

"I don't want mom to find out." At this, she pauses, and very cautiously, I remove my hand.

"You think she doesn't want you to have a boyfriend?"

I shake my head, "It's not that, in any case, she encourages it. Well, not that much anymore since..." I pause, not mentioning the whole running away situation, since Ally still seems to get upset by it.

Although she might have understood what I was trying to say, she thankfully bypasses it, "then why not?"

"I may or may not have said something that may or may not have made her have a dislike for Luke..."

"Ella!"

"It was an accident! I thought I would feel bad for lying, but telling the truth just made me feel worse."

"So you are just... going to keep it hidden?" She asks.

I only groan, while walking back slightly to sit on my bed, which she follows in return, "I don't know, Luke doesn't even know."

"That she said she doesn't want you around him?"

"Well technically, she didn't say anything like that... Just that she wasn't so sure about him." I look at Ally, but she only raises an eyebrow at me.

"Translate those words to mom code."

...

"She doesn't like him at all." I lay back on my bed, covering both my eyes with my arms.

"I mean, she technically didn't say you can't hang out with him at all..."

"I just feel so guilty."

"Hey," I feel her hand on my wrist, as she removes one of my arms from covering my face, "it might take some time, but I'm sure she can find it in herself to forgive him. That whole... running away situation was hard on all of us. I know, along with her, I have trouble moving past it, but I'm sure she will see that what he did made you happy." She smiles as me.

"You think so?" I say hopeful, she nods her head, but as soon as she does so, a couple knocks sound from my bedroom door.

We both turn our heads to the door, and share brief eye contact before I mutter a "Come in," after sitting up from my laying position.

What took me by surprise though, is that it was my dad who walked in.

The reason it took me by surprise is that ever since I came back, we probably haven't even spoken more than five words to one another other.

I mean, I know before we barely spoke, but at least we actually spoke sentences.

They were brief, but it was definitely better than the maximum of five words.

I didn't know if it was the fact that I was successful in running away, that I drove into the gate and broke it, or the same reasons Ally and mom had, but I knew that I wasn't going to beg him to tell me.

"Just stopping in to say goodnight." He says.

Woah, a full sentence.

Amazing! The power of communication.