Chapter 1

Finals were now over and I feel like I could breathe again and more importantly I was going to the airport tomorrow morning. I was so excited to head to Iceland and be around new people and just experience something new.

When I got home from school and began to pack and make sure I had everything. I doubled checked my suitcase about ten times because I was so nervous I was going to forget something but I had to keep telling myself that I have everything and that everything was going to be perfectly fine .

While I was excited to go see Iceland I had a layover in Boston which made me excited because I have always wished to go to Boston but I kind of wish I was seeing more than an airport but I was still going to be technically in Boston so that was enough for me " I am so lame" I said to myself. I was staying at my parents house because my mom and dad wanted to send me off and to make sure I was getting to the airport safe. "Hermione dinner time" I heard my mom say.

It was nice being back home and in my room and seeing the family again I just wish my sister and brother was here but they have their own life now. I ran downstairs and my mom cooked homemade pizza which was always my favorite. "So how excited are you for your trip" my dad said. "I'm super excited and thank you for understanding and letting me go alone it means a lot" I replied. They both looked at each other and my mom said " while we are nervous for you going alone we understand how much you worked during this semester and how much you saved for this trip so just make sure that you call everyday to check". " of course I will and will send you lots of pictures" I said.

I finished dinner and went back up to my room and me being me I checked my suitcase once again to make sure everything was in there and once again everything was. I decided to head out to the bookstore to pick up a couple of books so I had something to read on the flight because I have finished all the other books that I own. I ran into the bookstore and picked up a couple of books that I have been wanting to read and left the bookstore in under twenty minutes that's probably a new record for me because when I'm in the bookstore it is like an hour trip because I love getting lost in the bookstore.

I once again returned home and put my new books in the my backpack and it was about almost ten and I decided to get some sleep before the long flight tomorrow. Two hours later I was still wide awake before I was nervous, this was the first time I was traveling alone and it was on the other side of the world. Since I was still up I decided for some odd reason that I would clean my entire room and rearrange my bookshelf.

It was now almost two in the morning and I was finally starting to feel tired so I laid in my bed and I finally went to sleep. It was now morning and it was the day I have been waiting for. My flight wasn't until twelve and I woke up at eight. "Typical me getting six hours of sleep" I said. I went down stairs and ate some waffles and was out the door before ten.

My mom and dad the entire ride to the airport was telling me to be safe, to not talk to strangers, and to make sure to be aware of my surroundings. The airport was now in front of me and it was time. We parked and mom and dad walked with me until it was time to say our goodbyes. I hugged them goodbye and told them I would call once I hit my layover in Boston and the both said " looking forward to it". "Bye" I said.

I was walking away and they both waved at me and I waved back it was finally time goodbye California and hello Iceland well first Massachusetts.