Chapter 2:Jade

Jade's POV

I woke up early the next morning and walked into my ensuite bathroom. I took a quick shower and wrapped a towel around me. I went to the mirror and applied some make up which consisted of foundation,eye liner which brought out my big brown eyes, mascara and deep red lipstick which stood out against my caramel skin. And I quickly filled in my eyebrows.

I tied my long slightly curly hair into a straight ponytail. I straighten the ends to make it look sharper. I walked into my walk in closet and opened my drawer where my jewels stayed. I placed a simple tennis bracelet around my wrist and a small necklace with an infinity sign at the end.

I applied some coconut scented lotion and put on my undergarments. I decided today that I would wear a woman suit today. I wore red blouse and a white blazer matching with white dress pants that show cased my lovely curves. I put on some black red bottomed heels and sprayed on some Chanel perfume.

I checked the time on my phone and found out its seven thirty so I needed to leave. I quickly grabbed my rolling office bag and my handbag and headed to the office. I parked my car and entered the building. I greeted my receptionists with a smile and entered the private elevator. I rode it up to the top floor and called my assistant.

"Good morning Ms. Stonel, what can I get you this morning ?"She asked with a polite smile.

"Good morning Mrs.Jewels, may you please get me a iced coffee from Star bucks and a chocolate muffin." In said walking into my office.

She muttered an okay and left the building. I sat my stuff down and called security to tell them to take the orders that arrived at eight to take them to the venue the event will be held. I then called the venue and told them that the decorations are on their way to them.

My assistant came back and gave me what I asked her to bring. I told her to sort out the invitations regarding the event and as well as to collect the finance balance sheets from the finance department and to bring them to me.

By the time I had finished checking all the balance sheets. I checked the time to see that it was one. So I told Lauren I would be back around four and left the building. I drove to the restaurant I was to meet Mr.Brown. I parked my car when I got there and entered the restaurant.

"Good afternoon miss, do you have a reservation?" The boy asked me.

"Good afternoon sir, I'm here to meet Mr.Brown."I said in cooly.

"Oh he has already arrived, one of the waiters will lead you to him, enjoy your meal." He said with a smile.

"Thank you." I said with a nod and one of the waiters showed me to Mr.Brown.

I saw him and he actually seemed more good looking in person. I walked towards the table he was sitting and he looked up and our eyes met, I almost took a step back seeing how insanely beautiful he was. His green eyes stood out under his long eyelashes. He had perfect plump pink lips and dark brown dreads that were tied down. He wore a black suite that seemed to be tight under his lean body with a black tie and black dress shoes.

But I kept my poker face on as I approached the table. He stood up and fixed himself and had a slight smile on his face. He outstretched his hand and I took it and shook his hand. Sparks ignited when our hands touched  but I ignored them.

"Good morning Mr.Martinez pleasure to meet you." I said as I sat down after shaking his hand.

"Good morning Ms.Stonel you are here on time." He said smirking as he sat down.

"I did tell you not to worry sir, so what is the business idea you were proposing?" I said getting straight to business.

"Wow okay straight to business.Well Ms.Stonel I was wondering if we could merge our businesses together and create a bigger business, with my technological art and your physical art. We can create a whole new trend one that everyone will love." He said folding his hands on the table and sitting up straight, as if trying to look more intimidating.

If only he knew how dominant I can be too.

"That sounds intriguing but how will we create a whole new trend by combining my arts with your arts?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"Well you see I was thinking that we take your artists and my artists and put them together and create art that can be produced on the internet. As Well as still keep the physical art in your art galleries." He said confidentiality.

"Okay I see what you saying considering how morden technology is developing, we can create a new way of art. But then firstly before I agree to this deal may, me and you work together to present a technological art." I said bringing my hands on the table as well.

A waiter came and brought food interrupting us a little. I quickly asked them to bring me an ice tea. She nodded and left us to the meeting again. It seems that Mr.Brown had ordered me a steak and fries which looked good. I was hungry since I didn't have much for breakfast. As I was eating I looked up at Mr.Brown waiting for an answer. He looked up at me and saw me waiting.

"Oh yes, we can work on this together when I come back from my business trip on Monday." He said swallowing his bite of food.

"Then you shall send me the details, would you be willing to come to the upcoming event this Saturday to introduce the new artists?" I asked him popping a fry into my mouth

"I'll be there just send me the details." He said looking at me and I smiled a grateful smile.

Having him at the ball would increase the artists popularity and the image of the business will increase. Since me and him are one of the two most successful businesses. I in the female category and him in male.

We finished our meals and he paid for the meal insisting that he initiated this meeting he will gift me with him paying. I let it slide for now but I will be paying if this were to happen again. We stood up and left the restaurant. As we stood outside and turned to look at each other.

"Thank you for meeting me Ms.Stonel." he said outstreching his hand once more,

"The pleasure is all mine Mr.Martinez." I said smirking his way and stretching my hand to shake his.

"Let's exchange numbers so it's easier for us to receive messages and details. "He suggested and I agreed.

We exchanged numbers and left the restuarant. I went back to the office and called Mrs.Jewels into my office.

"Yes Ms.Stonel?" She asked entering my office.

"Mr. Brown wants our businesses to merge together and create a new trend, that does sound good considering that no one has thought of that before." I said thinking of what he said.

"Well it does seem like a good idea miss." She said and I nodded.

"Thank you Ms.Jewels you can leave now." I said and she left.

I gathered all my things and left the office.

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●