Chapter 6:Jade

Jade POV

Walking out of the ball with Jaiden's arm wrapped around my waiste. The press had dispersed and disappeared. We walked slowly as we talked about everything and anything.

Jaiden had left to go get the car and I was standing at the enterance and looking at the stars. The night had gone well. I had given my speech after we had eaten and all the artists did the same. I was very proud of them for their accomplishments. They looked happy and proud to be where they were and I was glad. The rest of the night was just filled with laughs and meaningful conversations. Everything had ran smoothly. Unfortunately tomorrow I would need to come back and get everytying all cleared up.

I then heard someone walk behind me and stopped not so far from me. I assumed it was Jaiden and turned around with a small smile on my face. When I met chocoalte brown eyes my smile disappeared from my face.

DEREK...

"Hello sweetheart." He said in the voice I fell in love with, and the voice that broke my heart.

"What are you doing here?" I said calmly making sure there was no expression on my face.

"Well I heard about the opening and decided to give my girl my support." He said with a cocky smirk on his face.

"You never cared about my art and success so why care now?" I spoke softly yet harshly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well since you have been gone, I just thought how you have always been there for me, and it's just my turn to be there for you." He said putting his hands into his pockets.

I wanted to cry at his words because that's what I needed when I started all of this. And he was never there so what was the need to be there at that point in time.

"You missed your chance when you pushed me on the floor." I said staring at him with disgust written all over my face.

"You just caught me at a moment of weakness sweetheart." I funed the moment those words tumbled out of his mouth.

"BULLSHIT!" I screeched knowing there was no way someone could get agressive and it was a sign of fucking weakness. "Do not come at me with that fucking bullshit Derek!" I said firmly trying to calm myself down so I wouldn't cause a scene.

"But I'm being honest. I was drunk. I want to back Jade. I lo-" he got cut off by me landing a ferocious slap across his face as it turned to the side.

"LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!" I shouted and stromed off leaving a startled Derek by the enterance

I went to go look for Jaiden...

~~~~~~~
Jaiden POV

I went around and called the valet to bring back the car. I waited for a while and thought of tonight. Everything just seemed perfect. I couldn't help but look at Jade everywhere she had turned. Everywhere she had walked. Everyone she had spoken to. She was absolutely gorgeous and that dress fit her well. She looked absolutely breathtaking.

I had stood by her side and let her shine in her comfort space. She looked confident and comfortable in everything she had done and everyone she had spoken to. She was radiating in dominance and confidence with every stride and conversation. You could tell she was the owner of this business.

And I had vowed to make sure I get with that woman. She was everything every man wanted. She may not remember that I used to know her back in the day but I would make her remember.  She seemed oblivious  of me and I don't blame her it was a long time ago.

We had been acquaintances back in the day but not very close ones. We had hang out a few times back in highschool but it wasn't many. We had seen each other at parties or hangouts because some of our friends had known each other. At the time we had no interest in going after each other.  We spoke a  few times but not many just talking to our friends when needed.

The car came along but I turned around as I heard clicking of heels approach me. I saw Jade and a smile started to appear on my face until I realised how pissed she looked.

"Hey what's wrong?" I said as she reached me. Her cheeks were skightly pink. And she was breathing hard.

"Nothing." She said as crossed her arms over her chest roughly.

"Well clearly something had bothered you." I said wrapping my arms around her waiste and she huffed .

"Someone uninvited had shown up." She said looking to be getting riled up again by the situation.

"And who might that be?" I said and put my forefinger under her chin to make her look up at me.

"It's no one. Can we not talk about it?" She said looking annoyed but also very exhausted.

I decided to let it go and just continue with the night. I nodded and guided her in the car. Once we got inside I pulled up the screen between us and the limo driver and he started driving us home home. Jade had turned towards the window and she seemed to be in another world. After such a goodnight she looked pretty upset. Whoever had upset her made me a little annoyed. Because why would someone try to upset her on her night. 

I turned the corner and we had reached close to her beautiful home. I felt her look at me but I pretended to stay focused on the opposit window.

"I'm sorry." She said looking down at her nails.

"What for darling?" I said turning to look at her.  She sighed and I turned back to the window and we turned into the driveway. She pressed the remote and we entered through her gates.

"Well since my encounter I've been off and quiet when I should be attending to you since you came with me as well as supported me." She said and a small smile appeared on my face.

"It's okay obviously it's something that bothered you so there is no need for you to apologise. It's normal. You're human I mean things happen." I said and placed my hand on her thigh as the limo parked on the roundabout driveway wauting for her to get out .Silence fell upon us and we sat in the car drinking in our own thoughts.

"Well thank you for tonight. I had fun regardless." She said and turned towards me.

"No problem shortcake I had fun too." I said smirking and turning her way so I would look into her eyes.

Those chocolate browns held so much emotion. And I can just get lost in them. All I want to do is find out who she was. She leaned in and I felt her warm lips on the side of my mouth. I close my eyes and savored the warmth of her lips. Lips I wish were on mine

"Goidnight Jaiden." She said as she leaned away from me and look up at me. Before grabbing her clutch and placing her hand on the door handle.

"Goodnight darling." I said as she opened the door and stepped out. I watched her walk to the stairs that led to her front door and she pressed in a code.

She turned around and waved at me. I wacee before telling the driver to take me home and he turned out and leaving the building.

You will be mine I thought to myself...

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●