Chapter 19 Park Jimin

Start from the beginning

A ring from my phone diverted my attention. Pulling it from my pocket, a familiar name flashed the screen which I immediately picked up.

"Hello?" a smile plastered on my face hearing the never failing sweet voice.

"Are you free this lunch? How about we go together?" I didn't think twice and accepted the offer. I thought that maybe I needed a breather on this situation I'm in.

"Sure! See you, Jimin-oppa" I heard the man who's dear to me giggled on the other side of the line which made me smile along.

Jimin and I are going out. My mother introduced him to me. She was worried that at my age, I still don't have a lover. So she asked me a favour of trying on going out with this guy. At first, it was a bit awkward but Jimin was always this sweet and kind guy that I've come to like his company.

He's someone that people will like and be lucky to have but then again, not for me. He feels like a close friend and I think that's all. Never did I felt that I wanted more of him nor did get jealous even once with the people and strangers trying to circle around him. I tried to convince myself to like him more but it always ended up a friendship feeling and nothing else.

At a nearby restaurant, me and Jimin decided to meet up for lunch. "Hey" a voice called out. I smiled seeing the guy as he take his seat across me.

"So, how's everything? You sounded a bit stress on the phone." Jimin questioned. "Work again?" he added.

"Hmm.. You could say that." Not wanting to be specific on the matter, I answered.

"You know, Seulgi. You can always tell me anything. I will always be here to listen." Holding my hand with both hands, he said dearly while looking to my eyes.

I'm always thankful for Jimin's existence in my life. He and Moonbyul were always there for me but both have a different way of reaching in and making me feel that they're always here for me.

Maybe.

Maybe one day...

I'll be able to fall in love with you...

Jimin-oppa~

Third person's point of view

Busy being in their world, Jimin and Seulgi didn't notice the presence of two familiar people at the corner of the restaurant, eyeing them since they entered the establishment

"Hey! Can you at least blink?" Mimi complained to her best friend who's sitting like a statue while eyeing the couple, hiding her face from the menu.

"Are you a stalker or wha---" Mimi's words were cut off when Yooa shove a piece of bread in her mouth which Mimi forcefully chewed.

"Can you see I'm spying?" Yooa whispered. "Oh. So when did you become a spy? For the last time I remember, you're a dancer Yooa" Continuing to be annoying, Yooa ignored Mimi because she was perfectly used to this side of her best friend.

Sighing, all Mimi could do was feed Yooa while she was concentrating on spying the couple which Yooa complied not letting her eyes slip from the two.

"You sure love her, huh?" A feeling of a broken heart was evidently mixed along her words but her best friend wasn't able to hear it.

Before the couple appeared in the same restaurant, Yooa was upset and down to the fact that Seulgi was already taken. She was ranting and grieving for her broken heart and Mimi swore that Yooa was ready to give up. The dancing prodigy may be aggressive on getting Seulgi but Yooa will never destroy a relationship but when the couple appeared,she, again was getting her hopes up.

"Just by seeing that person lightens you up and make you hope again" not realizing it, Mimi blurted her analysis.

"Mimi..." Mimi jerked off with Yooa's sudden call. With seriousness written on her face, Yooa remained steady, looking at the couple.

Feeling a bit nervous, Mimi asked. "wh-what is it?" scared that she will be questioned by Yooa. Mimi was still not ready to confess anything to her so-called-best friend.

"Where's my food?! You stopped feeding me!" Yooa managed to hiss on a whisper. The latter let out a big sigh of relief hearing her childish best friend.

The next day, even though still baffled on Irene's request, she felt better after having Jimin's company and the next thing she wanted to do was to meet her two dear friends after work, Moonbyul and Eunae who she haven't seen in a whole week now. The chief editor thought that maybe she'll be able to decide after hearing her closest friends' thoughts.

But along a good day, there comes an unexpected thing to ruin it. Within the silent editing room where the editor in chief was reviewing the edited clips, a sudden sound of her notification came ringing.

At first, Seulgi shrugged it and thought that the message or what can wait but then notification tone came consecutively which fully caught her attention.

"Is Moonbyul spamming me?" she mumbled to herself upon reaching her phone.

Being shocked, they were pictures of a man on what seems to be in a club, sitting between ladies wearing sexy outfits with cocktails in their hands and were being intimate with one another. As Seulgi zoomed in, her eyes widen seeing the labelled 'sweet and kind' guy of hers.

"P-Park JIMIN?!!!" 

--End of Chapter 19--

Hey! To all JENLISA readers out there, I just want to recommend this amazing story entitled "INVISIBLE" by @mandeuk 💕

I just read this recently and it was amazing, really 💕