Chapter 19 Park Jimin

Third person's point of view

In disbelief of what just happened earlier, Seulgi was phasing back and forth inside her office. She can't quite understand why an actress would do something that would harm her image.

"No, that can't be. All celebrities value their image. Why bother saying the truth if she can just let that dating issue pass and just announced later that they broke up or something" the chief editor argued in her mind, thinking about Irene's courage to spill the truth was like a hard mathematics equation she can't solve. Due to her trauma from her mother's deeds in the past, Seulgi assumed that everyone was the same.

A knock on her door startled Seulgi from her thoughts which she shifted her attention to. Unexpectedly, Actress Bae Irene revealed herself upon stepping inside and stood still staring seriously at Seulgi. For a moment, they stood there silently, locking at each other's eyes.

"What brings you here, Irene?" Not being able to read what the actress was thinking, Seulgi decided to break the silence.

"Help me" the actress answered confidently but with a lower tone.

"What can I help you with?" the chief editor asked, stunned at how the cold princess asked for help.

"Don't edit out the part where I stated the truth." The actress was fully aware that the production would definitely edit it out but the actress took the chance because Seulgi was the chief editor.

"Isn't it enough?" a sudden questioned made Irene raised her eyebrows.

"If I did do that. It will take a very serious effect on your image. People hating you dating the actor will definitely doubled once the episode comes out. His fans will definitely hate you more for not playing along and staining Jeric's image. They will think you're selfish." Seulgi added leaning on her table with arms crossed trying to give thoughts to the actress.

"That's how toxic fans will always be. You forgot that there are still fans that will support me and believe in me, will even find me cool for standing out for the truth." Irene defended maturely.

"The thing is... people take notice of the negative than the positive." Seulgi said, thinking of what to do.

"I know I'm being selfish putting you into this. I know you will lose your job if you followed my request. Whatever your decision will be, it will always be your call. I will understand" Irene expressed but the chief editor didn't fail to see the glisten eyes of the actress.

The actress was ready to walk away but stopped her tracks and turned back to approach the now in trance chief editor. Staring blankly at the floor while leaning her back on her table, a sudden warmth feeling enveloped her body. Seulgi was shaken up as she sees the actress hugging her.

"In case you choose not to help me, I'm getting this in advance." Almost a whisper, Irene was pertaining to the hug she was stealing from Seulgi but soon the actress felt shivers when the latter hugged her back tightly. At first she was flattered but came to realize a sad truth.

She broke the hug, letting out a bitter smile. "Looks like you already made your choice" taking her leave after.

Seulgi's point of view

I find it funny to even think of not following my company. I never swayed any of the upper's commands and doing an actress a favour was the least I would do for I hate them but then again, it was hard to believe that for a moment, I was contemplating. A part of me that I thought was impossible to have, wanted to help the actress.

"Are you crazy, Seulgi?! You promised to never be like your father. To never risk everything for a celebrity because in the end, it will not be worth it" I argued to myself, shaking my head, trying to wake myself up from my stupid thoughts.