I do not think he ever considered me as his best friend. Ever since he saved my face from getting pummeled by a bully, I've stuck to him like glue.

He tried his best to get rid of me, but his efforts were in vain. Though he hated me following him wherever he went, we both had something in common; our hatred towards Zaire.

We both could see how much we were suffering under the living conditions. Then, one day, he just came up to me and asked if we could run away. Together.

My childlike brain had loved the idea of her only friend finally accepting her presence. Only, I never saw him again.

When I woke up the next morning, that day, I was told that he was hanged for the attempt of escape, and for trying to influence me too. That did not mean I got off the hook though.

That was the second time I was put into the isolation chamber. I don't think I was really conscious, during all my time in the confined space. All I saw, was the same darkness everywhere, and I developed a pretty serious acute case of claustrophobia.

I vowed to never have another friend ever again in my life.

I heard voices coming from the endless void behind the bars.

"Why is she awake?"
"Kane is going to be so ma-"
"Shh, she can hear you."

I curled up next to a giant fuzzy spider, its web getting tangled in my hair, as I heard the voices getting closer.

The dull creaking of the metal door swinging open, only made me contract even more. My form still did not protect my bare body from the cold.

As I heard only silence, I peeked up and saw the shadow of a huge bulky figure, just standing there, and watching me.

"This is protocol." He said, and plunged a needle filled with a weird purple colored liquid,  into my arm, and I was unconscious once again.

——————-

I came to, as I felt the warmest I've felt in years. A feeling so rare, I immediately knew something wasn't right.

As the thick haze of sleepiness faded away, I slowly became aware of everything around me;the incredibly soft bed I was lying on, and the unnatural heat in the room, which I guessed was caused by the fireplace, judging by the crackling and spitting of the fire I heard from somewhere in the room.

I slowly opened my eyes, half scared and half curious about where I was. The beds at the agency were never this comfy.

The first thing that caught my eye, was the humongous, giant black colored square hung on the wall parallel to the king sized bed I was lying on. It looked like a bigger version of the device Alfred had held in his hand.

The red colored silk sheets slid against my bare legs as I got out of the bed. My feet immediately sunk into the cloud like, plush white woolen carpet spread across the probably freezing cold floor.

There was a huge glass door leading out to what I guessed was the room's balcony. My breath hitched as I walked closer to the breathtaking view outside.

I seemed to be on a floor that was quite high off the ground, as I could see the tips of pine trees covered in the fluffiest, purest snow.