Secret Revealed

"Genevieve, what secret is she talking about?" Dad asked.

I looked at Hannah and she shook her head.

"I'm not hiding any secrets." I said.

"Really...? Then, what was all that stuff you said about going to Plegia and going into Team Super Nova's base?" Nichole asked.

My face grew grim, and I averted her gaze.

I can't tell them. I know for a fact that if I tell them, they'll be in even bigger danger.

"Gene, just tell us. We'll still love you no matter what." Brendan said.

I looked at them and then looked away.

"No... I have nothing to hide!" I said.

"Stubborn one, aren't you? You're so cute when you're mad, Gene." Nichole said.

A faint blush was painted on my face. Nichole just smiled.

"Gene, just tell us." Delia said.

"Yeah, what is it?" Calem asked.

"We won't judge you." Emily said.

I looked at my friends and family with a concerned expression.

Having my friends knowing my secret is bad enough, but having my parents know... that's even worse. I'm only holding myself back because I don't want to put them in more danger.

"Fine, if you won't tell them, then I will..." Nichole said.

"NO!" I cried.

Nichole ignored my cry and continued talking.

"Genevieve Davis is an international secret agent. She's been working at the Ezra Spy Agency for two years now, and have secretly been going on missions to save the world. On this mission, her friends, and her brother, Nathan Davis, were to take down three evil organizations. They almost succeeded, but Ezekiel, the leader of Team Aether and former head of the ESA, tricked her into coming here. Genevieve here knew there was going to be a trap, and of course, she fell for it. And now we're here... did I get everything right, honey pie?" Nichole asked.

Everything... she revealed... everything...

"Gene, why didn't you tell us this?" Dad asked.

"I didn't want to tell you guys because if I did, the bad guys would come for the ones I love. But unfortunately, it was in vise versa. Even when I didn't say anything, the bad guys still got a hold of you... I'm so, so, so very sorry everyone... I ask for your forgiveness, but what good will it do...?" I asked helplessly.

They all stared at me with blank expressions.

"I know you think I'm lying, but I'm not. Hannah and Nathan can vouch for me. They're agents, too," I said.

"GENEVIEVE!" Hannah cried.

"Oh hush Hannah. You really think I was going to be the only one to take the fall?"

That shut her up.

"Alright Nichole, let us go. You had your fun humiliating me, now get us out of here," I said.

"Sorry sweetie... but that's not going to happen," she said.

"Why not?"

"Ezekiel gave me strict orders to not let you go until he arrives."

Then, I had an idea.

"You know... you can just let my friends and family go, and keep me here." I said.

"Gene, what are you doing?" Hannah asked.

I looked at her and winked. She gave a small smile and nodded.

"Ezekiel only needs me, right? What was the point of kidnapping my friends and family when he only needs me? Let my parents, my sister, and my friends go, and keep me in here until Ezekiel comes. Sound good... honey pie?"

Nichole paced back and forth.

"It's a very tempting offer indeed... you sure have a way of temptation, my dear girl..." she said in a sadistic tone.

"Thanks... you are too..." I said.

"Your words are a sweet as candy itself... alright. I'll let your family and friends go, but you stay."

Yes! I don't care that I'm staying. As long as they're safe, my heart can finally be at rest.

Nichole walked up to a control pad and put in the code.

78092...

Then, the glass slid to the side. My family and friends got up and walked out.

"Gene, you don't have to do this." Emily said.

"Yes I do. It's the only way to keep you all safe. Besides, Ezekiel only wants me. He just used you guys to get to me. I'll find a way to get out of here... I promise." I said.

Their faces were very concerned, but they all nodded. Then, the metal door opened. We all turned around and saw the Aether King himself.