"Please," I whispered with a pleading tone. He understood that I needed this, that I had been waiting for this moment ever since I received the heart-wrenching news. And so his footsteps steadily moved backwards and his eyes watched me carefully – my heart thundering even more.

It was his handwriting.

Tears started to form in my eyes but I tried to suppress them; my vision was becoming blurry and I didn't want to miss a single thing...

Leon,
I know you might be confused and I understand that your head might be everywhere, but I needed to write this because the thought of my loved ones being heartbroken was clawing at my consciousness.

My eyes burned with unshed tears. My heart felt as though emotion was clogging up my chest, and my stomach was spinning rapidly. It couldn't be true...

I don't know what you've heard and I don't know what Antonio has told you but I'm alive.

My throat closed up and I felt dizzy immediately. My hands quivered and I began to sob – Leon immediately rushing forward and reading the letter over my shoulder.

I was supposed to die when the bullet hit me but I survived. My body was weak and they thought that I was completely gone – so I was thrown into some greenery outside of his Estate. I should have died... but I didn't. I managed to run to a nearby house and they fixed me up with everything I needed.

As I read more – I could feel my breathing become heavy with need. Need for him. I needed to hold him and kiss him and hear his raspy voice in my ears.

Don't try and find me. I'll be at the Estate in the next two weeks and I'll be reunited with all of you.

My heart soared. My love wasn't dead; he was breathing and coming back into my arms within two weeks. I couldn't wait a single minute more...

I've sent a letter for Eva. It should come shortly after this arrives. I miss you all so much... wait for me. I'll be with you sooner than you think.

A letter for me? Excitement pulsed through my veins. Tears of joy began streaming down my face as I turned around and faced Leon. He looked shocked to the core.

"He's not dead," I cried, jumping into his arms and laughing hysterically. "Leon! He's alive! He's coming home..."

Leon eventually wrapped his arms around my body and chuckled against my ear. He was trying to hold his emotions together to keep his masculinity but I saw right through the unshed tears of joy in his eyes. His voice told me that he'd never been more relieved in his life as he spoke in my ear. "I knew that God wasn't that cruel..."

I pulled away and kissed his cheek hard. He smiled widely and kissed my forehead with the most loving nature I'd ever known.

"I'll make sure the secretaries are looking out for your letter," He spoke with kindness lacing his tone.

I nodded my head and smiled widely, hurrying out of the entrance, towards wherever the other ladies were. Adrenaline was rushing through my body as I ran faster.

Rosie and Leah were gathered in the kitchen. They were drinking coffee and chatting until their eyes widened when they saw me. "Eva.." Rosie spoke with a soft tone. A confused one – until they saw the pure happiness on my face, and they both smiled back.