Chapter 40

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT. I have been super busy with school recently so I didn't really get the chance to update BUT here it is.
Happy reading :)

~~

Eva

I could feel my whole body weaken against the concrete as I tried to sleep away the pain. My tears had dried out and my cries had learnt to become silent in the empty room that I'd known for the past two weeks.

I'd almost forgotten the sound of his voice. I'd almost forgotten the warmth of his love. I hadn't seen him in two weeks yet it felt like I hadn't seen him in years.

I wanted him more than anything.

More than the food that my stomach lacked. More than the water that I hadn't tasted in hours. More than anybody I'd ever lost before.... he was what I wanted.

My father had kept me inside this hollow room the whole time I had been here. Where was I? That question still hadn't been answered. All I knew was that nobody could reach me nor could they hear my cries. I'd learnt that the hard way; screaming for someone at night yet receiving no answers.

And not just anybody. I screamed for him. Screamed for Alessandro to rescue me.

My father had been treating me harshly. I'd only received one meal every day and I'd endured beatings from him over trivial things. He was making my life some kind of living Hell. Reminding me of my mother every single day... drawing tears from my eyes.

My hope was fading with every moment that withered by.

And I was waiting for the day that everything just stopped.

Just when I was about to fall asleep — the door swung open and slammed against the wall. My eyes shot open and my body turned to face my father. He looked angry as his tall figure towered over me, his eyes burning into my sensitive body on the floor.

"Stand up." He ordered harshly.

I hesitated and that led to his large hands grabbing my arms and forcing my body off the ground. A yelp escaped from my mouth as my body was stretched painfully until my feet landed on the floor.

My father dragged me out of the room and I was met with daylight shining through the gaps of the blinds. I hadn't been allowed out of that empty room since I'd been here. The room looked like some kind of basement and my eyes shifted around for some kind of escape. But his cold voice stopped my thoughts.

"Run and I'll catch you." He warned me coldly. The hopeful thoughts that were previously surfacing in my head, vanished immediately and I kept my eyes away from his.

Everything happened quickly and before I could process my surroundings, I was being thrown into some kind of vehicle.

My eyes were blurry and heavy with tiredness but I recognised the vehicle as some kind of large Jeep. The windows were completely black to prevent me from seeing my surroundings. My father eventually climbed into the front of the car and started the car without uttering a single word to me.

The journey was silent and cold. The bumps of the road were rough and I felt my body jolt in agony each time the vehicle shook. But my father didn't care of my condition; he kept silent and kept driving.

Possibilities swirled around my head.

Was he going to take me somewhere and kill me for good?

I couldn't just die like this. This couldn't be the end. Surely.

But I didn't dare to speak. All I could do was wait. Wait for my fate. Wait with quivering limbs. Whilst my father drove with anger in his expression like always.