Chapter 16

Here is an update guys... finally. I'm sorry about the wait!
But happy reading. I'm sure you'll love this one <3

~ ~

Eva

Everything was perfect; his hands were engulfed in mine and our words were dripping with truth. Our eyes connected and I felt like I could bathe in the moment until the day I stopped breathing.

He made me happy.

His calloused thumb rubbed over the soft skin of my hand and I inhaled his masculine scent – the one that lingered every time I was around him – before I exhaled peacefully. I soaked the pure happiness inside my heart and we lingered there for a few moments, before the door creaked open.

Disappointment ran through my whole body when Alessandro turned his face away from me to look at who was standing in the frame. "Oh, sorry," Leon stumbled with shock on his face at the sight of us. "Did I interrupt something?"

Both of us shook our heads and then I let Alessandro speak. "Is everything alright?"

Leon nodded and took another step into the room. "I just wanted to let you know that they've arrived."

A short pause took place before Alessandro's raspy voice came through again. "I'll be there in ten."

Leon nodded his head and then backed out of the room – closing the door and leaving Alessandro and I alone once again.

Once silence hung over the space, Alessandro turned back to me and I was blessed by the sight of his face.

His gorgeous brown eyes; his messy but suitable hair that was slightly hanging over his face; his soft olive skin that was currently beneath my fingers; his smile that sent goosebumps rushing through me.... what was happening to me?

"I have to go," he told me with clear disappointment in his tone. "But are you busy tonight?"

My heart stuttered at those words. Almost like a teenage girl that knew what was coming next and couldn't seem to contain her excitement.

"Well, I mean, I have a shift-"

"Rosie can take it." He quickly interrupted with a cheeky smile.

It made me chuckle to myself. "I guess I'm free, then."

"Good, because there's a beautiful rooftop restaurant nearby. We should get away from the Estate for a little bit and just have a conversation.... just me and you, without all the chaos." He said and I could have sworn my whole body rose up with glee.

The mere thought of spending time with Alessandro on my own made my heart pound ferociously in my chest. And so I smiled at him widely – not being able to contain my joy – and nodded. "Yes. That sounds lovely."

A beautiful smile spread across his handsome face and I felt my heart beat rapidly. This was the side of Alessandro that I wanted to know. The sweet side. The side that made me feel special.

He let my hands go and I felt them grow cold under the absence of his warming hold, but the smile on my face remained as I watched him leave.