Chapter 19

QUICK NOTE: I understand that sometimes a bunch of things go on at the same time and the background information isn't always clear which can confuse people.
If you guys are ever confused on anything, please don't hesitate to comment and ask. I always answer the questions in the comments so don't stay confused. Let me know! :P

And this is a nice long chapter for y'all so happy readinggggg!

~~

Alessandro

Eva was definitely affected by Alberto. And it wasn't in the way she was affected by my men and I when she first came to the Estate.

He scared her. Really scared her.

Alberto was a man that was feared by many. He was brutal and dark, and I expected nothing less than fear to come from anyone that came face-to-face with him.

But something told me that Eva feared him for another reason. A personal one.

The way her eyes grew wide and her whole body froze under his gaze worried me. I wondered what could have possibly been going through her mind at that moment.

If only I knew...

"So everything is understood? I'll try my best to trick Antonio into letting Leon out. He won't know that I am reporting back to you; I'm discrete like that."

Alberto claimed that he was able to trick Antonio into freeing Leon – and I thought he was crazy – but I didn't argue, mostly because I had no other suggestion.

"That sounds like it could work." I said with a nod.

Alberto sipped his beverage and smacked his lips together, placing the glass back on the table and looking at me. "Leave everything to me. I'll report back when I can."

My lips curved into an accepting smile and I bowed my head in gratitude. "I appreciate your help."

He tilted his head to the side and his lips curved in some kind of smile – but an almost unnoticeable one.

"Your worker," He began to say, motioning towards the door and clearly talking about Eva. "She is a quiet one."

I looked down and a low chuckle rumbled through my chest. My quiet one. "She's shy, I guess."

He nodded slowly as if he was investigating something. I didn't want him to read me. I didn't want him to know how I felt about Eva.

In fact – I didn't want anyone to know.

Not because I was ashamed of her but due to the fact that she'd become a target. My weakness and that would put her in dangerous positions.

"A new maid?"

He sipped his rum and narrowed his eyes at me, wincing as the liquid ran through his system.

I nodded my head. "A nanny."

He raised an eyebrow sharply. "I didn't know that you were in need of a nanny."