21)Left Confused

Pain.All I felt was pain.Where am I again?.I took a deep breath in only to cough it back out.Smoke.I peeled my eyes open.Great, more smoke.I was surrounded by smoke.I coughed more as I kept inhaling.It's not like I could stop breathing or anything.I groaned at the ache in my head,pain in my arm, and lack of feeling in my legs.Bassically, I felt broken.I wiggled my fingers to make sure I could still feel them before I forced my body into a sitting postion.Which was really hard considering how my body protested every second of it.Once I was sitting, I blinked a few times to get rid of the blurryness in my eyes.The smoke was clearing up but still looked to be coming strong from the source.Which was just across me.

I looked up at the building I was in not long ago.I got pretty lucky as I landed onto the roof of a nearby building.Not gracefully though, hence the pain.The loud ringing of sirens were heard.It seemed the fire department had been called in.I sighed in exhaustion.Fighting physically enhanced men to jumping out an exploding building.It seems people want me dead.Well more than usual.They really want me dead if they set this up.I glanced at my left arm and grimaced at the wound.The cloth was now almost fully covered in blood.I needed to get it stiched before I bled to death.You'd think they'd make me indestructable too. I cringed. Wrong choice of words.

A loud bang echoeed on the roof and I quickly looked to where it came from.You won't believe who walked out the door.How'd he know I was here?"What the hell happened?"I don't understad why he's confused.Bombs went off,building burned,I almost died.What more is there to get?He continued before I could respond. "I disabled the bombs downstairs only to find out that they were more up stairs!"

'What?"I asked curiously.They placed explosives in two diffrent locations.Off course!If we just went for the obvious location we'd find the bombs there and think that our job is done.Not knowing that there was another set placed upstairs.Brilliant!Not for us though.

"They tricked us!"Oh really now.He ran a hand down his face in frustration."But why would they choose that floor out of all the floors?It's as if they were-"

"Getting rid of evidence."I finished his sentence.He nodded in agreement before glancing at the burning building that was currently being exstinguashed.
"Whatever was on that floor is already gone now.We should have seen this coming.How the hell did they outsmart us?"He was now getting louder.I wondered if I should let him know that now isn't the time to start throwing tantrums.His loud voice is making my sore head pound.Stupid agents.Always getting riled up at the most stupid things.

"How could they outsmart you?"He pointed at me accusingly and I raised a brow in question."Excuse you?"
"Aren't you suppsed to be one of the top assassins?Infact, you're the second best," his eyes narrowed.I rolled my eyes when he mentioned 'second best'.I don't need a reminder.It's quite stupid how they ranked us.It meant nothing anyways. How many people I kill shouldn't concern anyone.

BUT WHY WASN'T I FIRST?It makes no sense how number 1 was practically a ghost.No one has ever seen him or her, maybe even it.How do we know they even exist?I should be first.Not some lame excuse for an assassin that likes to play hide and seek.Only coming out to kill and take my place. No I'm not bitter.

Anyways, back to the conversation at hand.With the way he looked at me I couldn't help but think that he was blaming me.Almost hinting at the fact he thinks I was behind this.I scoffed.Off course.When things go wrong, the solution is to point all fingers at the assassin.I clenched my jaw prepairing for the incoming pain as I began lifting myself off the ground.His eyes flashed with pity before he came closer and looked as if he was gonna help me.I angrily slapped his hands away.I struggled to get up, yes, but I didn't need help. Never did, never will.Especially from him.He eyed me waryily before he stepped back.I finally got up and tried to dust off my clothes.It was no use.I looked like a wreck.My pants were ripped at the knees,my barefeet looked abused, my arm was bleeding out and from the way my hair felt frizzy,I'd hate to see how bad it looked.