18.)Undercover

"Good luck and try not to get yourself killed!"I watched Gregory get back into the black van and drive away.I glanced over at Caleb to find him scowling at me.I see he still has that stick up his-.

"Come,"he advanced towards the house entrance.We had just been dropped off at the house where we would be pretending to be a family that just moved into the big city of Bluefield.I had to be honest, these city names were just unbelievably stupid.

Looking up at the so called home I almost made one of those weird sounds people make when they see something they like.It was something like a squeak of some sort of excitement.

Looking back at the house I saw that Caleb had already made his way inside.I was just about to grab my suitcase but a voice stopped me."Hey, need help?"I turned to my left to see a guy flashing a smile towards me.Any other girl would have swooned but I wasn't any other girl.With his hands in his dark jeans, his messy brown hair, and that mischievous smirk.He was just looking for trouble.

I didn't bother responding but just shook my head and grabbed the suitcase but he grabbed onto my wrist, rather roughly.My eyes narrowed in his direction but he simply smiled."I need a name to add to that pretty face,"he smoothly let out.I had to resist the urge to shove my knife down his throat.I was just about to voice a threat when a female voice interrupted me.

"Jake, please stop patronizing our new neighbor, along with every other girl you see,"I looked over the so called Jake's shoulder to see a girl about my age walking towards us.Her blue floral dress and matching blue sandals complimented her smile.I took the opportunity to pull my arm back out of Jake's grip.

"Hi I'm Kate and welcome to the new neighborhood,"her smile remained as she spoke.How odd.

I waved back because I felt it would have been too rude to just walk away.Now I can walk away peacefully.

"I think she's mute,"I heard Jake whisper to Kate through my enhanced hearing so I couldn't exactly reply to that stupid comment.

Still holding my suitcase I turned from the suspicious duo to make my way inside the house.

"You don't talk much do you?"I just ignored the voice and continued walking up the driveway only to have the suitcase snatched from me.I'd be lying if I said I didn't hear the quick footsteps behind me.I had to let him take the suitcase in order to not seem like I was expecting it.Plus,I'm pretty sure I would have bashed it into his head if I didn't.

I had to remain calm.He didn't say a word as he walked over to the door and opened it like he owned the place.I stood there silently whilst Kate just sighed beside me."I'm sorry about my cousin, he just recently came to visit so he still doesn't know how to behave."

I just nodded my head and walked towards the door hoping she wouldn't follow but I guess luck wasn't on my side."So what's your name?" We have already entered the house and we were now walking down a hallway filled with different kinds of paintings.Maybe if I had walked faster I could have lost her.

I focused back on her question.Before we left the I.B.J headquarters, they had given me my new identity that consisted of my passport,ID card and drivers licence.I thought back to the same line I had rehearsed repeatedly so it would sound real,not just to people who hear me, but to myself too.

"My name is Phoebe,"I make sure to keep my voice light and calm.Was that how you say it?When you meet someone,is that how your supposed to say it?Was I too calm or too slow?This was my first time actually communicating with someone I didn't work with, or have to kill in years.I glanced back at her to find out if she looked at me like I had been suspicious.Her prominent smile assured me that I had done fine.