3

Friday. Fallon anxiously waited for that day and he nearly grew gray hairs stressing about it. He didn't know if they were still on for what he presumed to be a date. No numbers were exchanged and he had no idea what her name was. This girl was giving him a run for his money. The only way to find out if all the stress was worth was to show up at the Cinema on Thatcher's.

He pulled up in his black sports car with about five minutes to spare. Fallon was going to get there earlier, but he was not one to wait long. The most he planned on waiting was ten minutes. After that, he would call his friends, drag them to a local bar, and whine about being stood up.

Now, the girl meant it when she said to meet her at the movie theater that night. Him showing up was just a test to see if he was a man of his word. He had agreed to it after all.

"I was wondering when you'd arrive," she called out to him. She was on the other end of the parking lot just so she could have a dramatic entrance into his presence.

Fallon spun around to see her standing by a white car with a bright grin on her face. He thought the stars would be jealous of how much it shone in the night.

"Stalking me, Ms. Mysterious?"

"I do have a name." She walked up to him since he was at the entrance of the movie theatre. She stopped in front of him with nothing but confidence written all over her face.

"If I do recall, you haven't given it to me." Fallon looked her over and ran his tongue across his teeth. He was trying to figure out her name just by looking at her.

"It's not yours to take," she answered before a smirk settled against her glossed lips. She reached behind him and opened up the door where they were greeted by the scent of buttery popcorn fresh off the press.
"Ladies first." The girl waved her hand to signal for him to enter the building.

Fallon put his hand on the door and shook his head at her. He wanted to be the one to keep chivalry alive that night. Fallon was not going to have a hard time being the gentleman his mother raised him to be.

^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^

The movie date was going well. Fallon was glad the girl wasn't the type to talk to the big screen as the movie went on. He was eternally grateful for that. He might have even settled back in his seat and put his arm around her shoulders. A bit bold, but his date didn't seem to mind.

She was too engrossed into the movie to notice what he had done. If she had, that smirk of hers would have appeared and a slick comment would have left her lips.

Fallon stole glances of her during the movie course of the film. She was... attractive, to say the least. There was a sort of mystery to her that lured him where he wanted to know more about her. He would start with her name, but after the movie. He would observe her for the time being.

There did come a point in time, near the end of the film, where the girl did move closer to Fallon. It was just to get popcorn, though. The last place she recalled him holding the popcorn was in his lap. The thought to look before reaching was not at the forefront of her mind. One of her favorite actors was on the screen and he had her undivided attention. Fallon had his eyes glued to the screen as well.

She still reached...

and reached for that non-existent half-full bucket of butter popcorn.

Fallon's high-pitched 'hey' made it clear it wasn't the popcorn that was there. The air suddenly got significantly warmer for him and he forgot how to breathe for a moment.

The girl snapped her head in the direction of her hand and quickly pulled it away.

"Oh! I'm sorry," she loudly whispered and hugged herself. "Just... popcorn. Please?" Avoiding eye contact was key for her. Her cheeks had given away her embarrassment, though. Luckily it was still dark.

Fallon didn't hesitate to hold the popcorn in his arms again. Forget not having a hard time!

^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^

Talk about an awkward first date! Stick around to see how it all ends in the chapters to come :)