Chapter 10- The Next Day

Start from the beginning

"Well, you did. And it was great." The blonde concluded, pursing his lips.

"T-Thanks."

"Okay, it's time to see you out, Mlle. Marinette. Both Gabriel and Adrien have work to do." Nathalie spoke before coming up behind Adrien. The two of them simply nodded while keeping the same smiles on their faces.

"Can I walk her out?" Adrien asked the woman, without ever removing his eyes from Marinette's.

"Sure, but be quick." She stated before opening the door and allowing the two to exit the mansion.

Marinette walked down the steps and looked up at the sky. The sun had set by now, and the stars were out, and when Adrien came out, he gazed up at them as well. He looked over at Marinette, then back up at the stars. His eyes drifted to look into the girl's glossy eyes that were sparkling now that the stars reflected off of them.

"I'm glad I asked." He said, clearing his throat. Marinette looked at him out of the corner of her eye with a grin.

"Really now?" She questioned.

"Yeah, of course." He said.

"Thank you." She mumbled, reddening when she turned to face him directly. They were only a short length away from each other, and Marinette could feel the faint wind pushing at her back. It's almost as if nature wanted her to be with Adrien as much as she. Yet, that feeling came to a halt when he took a step down the stairs and began walking her to the gates.

"Will I see you at school tomorrow?" Adrien asked. She nodded quickly.

"Y-Yes. Of course."

"Cool. See you then." He said. Marinette waved as he turned to walk back inside the gates. They closed as he approached the mansion's front door. Marinette could still make out his figure as he walked. She turned around and began to step away from the estate slowly.

As they both had turned away, neither of them turned around. Yet, both of them stopped for a split second with the thought. Marinette looked up at the stars before walking off, and Adrien looked down at the ground, thinking about how he was going to spend the next year living in the same house with his best friend.

✩。*•. .•*。✩

End Flashback

✩。*•. .•*。✩

Tikki giggled, getting her owners attention back.

"I mean- we weren't flirting." Marinette tugged on her hair and turned back towards the closet, smiling.

"Marinette, I could actually see everything this time. It was so obvious, and now you can't hide it."

"Tikki..." Marinette complained, trying to hide her smile and red tinted cheeks. She hadn't meant to flirt with him if she had. It was actually quite common for her to treat Adrien the same or similar to how she treated her other guy friends. But their relationship did tend to have a bit of teasing and sarcastic remarks involved, which could be mistaken as something more.

"Are you excited to move in with him?" Her kwami asked. Marinette nodded dreamily before perking up and gritting her teeth in sudden realization.